September pt.6

Jungkook

At five o'clock the next morning I get a message asking Taehyung and I to come to the Big Hit building for an important meeting. I take one look at Taehyung sleeping peacefully next to me and decide to just go alone. They can deal with it, he didn't get to sleep until two. I leave him a note saying where I've gone and head out.

I was only expecting a few people, but the meeting room is packed with staff. Managers, stylists, camera crew, Bang Sihyuk, everyone. Even April is here. She waves at me and I smile at her.

"Where's Taehyung?" Sejin asks.

"Sleeping. He was up sick all night. I didn't want to wake him. I can tell him whatever happens here."

No one responds, and I cautiously take a seat.

"Okay, well, we'll just have to have this meeting without him," Sihyuk shrugs. "Alright, we need to discuss what to do with this... unexpected situation.

"As I was saying before Jungkook arrived," one of our managers, Sungseok, says louder than necessary, "I suggest we go on as usual. Ignore the situation. Nothing changes. Everyone's happy."

"What? How is that a good plan?" I snap.

"And what I didn't get the chance to say before Jungkook arrived is that if we do that, Taehyung will suffer," April says.

"How so, Dr Sykes?" Sihyuk asks.

April throws her hands up in the air. "Don't you realise that he's pregnant? We don't have to call it a 'situation', I know it's not what you're used to but it's what it is. Taehyung is pregnant. Would you expect a pregnant woman to go around doing this crazy schedule you've showed me? He's sick. He's exhausted. He has a whole other life to take care of. And I've already told you how dangerous it is. Him performing these intense routines at this rate could cause some serious damage."

I resist the urge to reach across the table and high-five her. "She's right. We need to do what's best for Taehyung, and that's rest."

"Exactly," April agrees.

Sungseok laughs. "Dr Sykes, obviously you don't understand the life of an idol. It's not a choice whether or not he sticks to his schedule. He has to."

"That's ridiculous, of course he can choose. He's a human being with rights," April argues.

"And a contract," Sungseok counters.

Sihyuk stands up to silence them. "Enough. Of course it is possible for Taehyung not to continue with the schedule, but that would be highly inconvenient and we should only do that as a last resort. I think he should continue as normal and we'll keep an eye on him and see how he goes."

"What will it take for you to pull him out? I bet you won't," I say.

"Jungkook, this is not your decision."

"Then why did you ask me to come?"

"So we're all on the same page. The meeting is over. Thank you everyone for coming."

Everyone stands up, push in their chairs robotically and exit, leaving just April and I in the meeting room.

"I can't believe they're doing this," she says.

"Will he be okay?" I ask.

"I sure hope so."