December pt.2

Jungkook

"Yoongi, look, we can have lamb skewers here!" I point to the item on the menu. We've been sat right in the back corner of the restaurant so that we probably won't be recognised, and we can just talk freely. I already feel more relaxed then I've felt in a long time.

Yoongi looks where I'm pointing and smiles. "Oh my God, yes. We have to get them. What are you having, Jin?"

"I'm going to intrude on your lamb skewers tradition. I feel like a third wheel," he says, making us both laugh.

"And I'm thinking we get a lot of alcohol," Yoongi says, turning over to the drinks page of the menu.

"Not too much, we still have to work today," I remind him.

"That's why we need it," he mutters under his breath. Jin snorts.

We end up having heaps of fun at the restaurant. Jin tells Yoongi and I dad jokes that we both do our very best not to laugh at, but end up failing. Yoongi and I feed each other lamb skewers at the same time, which gets very messy. Jin tells me my muscles aren't as big as they used to me so I put him in a headlock until he admits I'm stronger than the Hulk. I can't help but feel upset when we finish our meal and our drinks and we know we need to leave soon.

"Okay, guys, I'm gonna do it," Jin says when we all finish laughing at something Yoongi says.

"Do what?" Yoongi and I ask in unison, making us start laughing again.

"You guys are so drunk." Jin shakes his head.

"Hey, no we're not!" I fold my arms defensively. "I only had one drink! Can't say the same for Yoongi..."

Jin continues to talk over Yoongi's giggles. "I meant I'm going to lift the taboo on pregnancy talk. Because Jungkook needs to talk about it."

Yoongi stops giggling.

"I don't need to. I haven't thought about it the whole time, what do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, everyone's always asking Taehyung how he is, including you, but no one's really been asking how you are. You're going through it, too," Jin says.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat. "Well, not really. He's the one that's pregnant, not me."

"Yeah, but this is going to change your life just as much as his. Surely you have worries or whatever about it," Yoongi says matter-of-factly.

"Seriously, are you okay?" Jin asks.

And then, out of nowhere, tears start to stream down my face.

"Oh, Kookie!" Jin gives me a hug. Yoongi steps around the table from where he sat across from us and sits down on my other side and hugs me too, which only makes me cry more.

"I'm sorry, I just... no one's asked me that before," I say through sobs. I don't even feel embarrassed.

"I know," Jin says softly.

"I'm not upset that everyone's focused on Taehyung, because he deserves it and I'm thinking about him more than myself too. But... I'm really scared." I sniff and wipe my eyes.

"Why are you scared?" Yoongi asks.

"I'm scared about a lot of things. Like, it's really dangerous. Taehyung could die or the baby could die or both, and I have no idea how I'd deal with either. And even if everything is fine— I don't know how to be a parent. I'll probably be a terrible and irresponsible father." I take a deep, shuddering breath when I finish. It feels good to get my fears off my chest.

"And it's fine for you to be worried about all that. It's normal," Jin reassures me. "But worrying doesn't do any good. I'm sure Taehyung and your daughter will both be absolutely fine."

"And as for the thing about you being a bad father— that's just stupid. You're one of the most caring and loving people I know, Jungkook. You're going to be amazing." Yoongi hugs me tighter.

"Look, you've made Yoongi go all soft," Jin says, and I chuckle.

"Thank you guys. I love you both so much," I tell them. I don't say that to them often, but now feels like an appropriate time.

"We love you too," Yoongi replies.