September pt.1

Taehyung

It takes everything I have to hold the ending position of our first comeback performance as the crowd goes wild cheering. I plaster on a fake grin and hope it doesn't show how much the waving and flashing of their ARMY Bombs is making me dizzy. After an eternity we say goodbye and walk offstage. As soon as we're out of sight I sprint to the toilets, throw open a cubicle door and puke into the bowl. In lightning speed Jungkook's in there with me, locking the door and rubbing my back.

"You shouldn't have to come and sit in a public toilet with me on your birthday," I whimper when I finish.

He gently pulls me back and flushes the toilet. "Are you kidding? This is my favourite thing to do," he says sarcastically and we both laugh a little. "Don't feel bad, Tae. I just wish I could make this go away."

"When will I be better?"

"I don't know." He holds up a towel he must have grabbed to my face and wipes away my sweat.

"What would I do without you?" I ask.

Jungkook smirks. "I don't know the answer to that one either."

We sit all squished up in the cubicle for a few minutes, leaning against opposite walls and facing each other.

"I think you should see another doctor," Jungkook says.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. The last one was useless. Are you ready to get up yet?"

I nod, and he stands and holds out his hands to me to help me up.

When we exit the bathroom our manager Sejin is standing outside waiting for us.

"Sejin, I was just saying how Taehyung should see another doctor since he's been this sick for so long," Jungkook tells him.

"I was thinking that too. I'll find a good one and get them to come to the dorm as soon as we get back, so you can just stay in bed." Sejin nods towards me.

"Thank you so much. That would be great," I say.

"Not a problem. Let's hope this one does some good."

Later that day, the doctor comes round just as Sejin planned. He's tall with short cropped hair and carries an actual suitcase full of equipment into my room. Surely he doesn't need that much? At first he asks Jungkook to leave the room, but when Jungkook persists he lets him stay. He introduces himself as Dr Andrews, listens to my heartbeat and my lungs, measures my blood pressure and looks in my ears and mouth— all the regular checkup things.

"Can you tell me how long you've been feeling sick again, please?" He asks.

"A month."

"Did anything happen to trigger it?"

"I don't think so."

"And it's been every day?"

"Yes."

Dr Andrews thinks for a moment, then a strange look washes over his face, as if he's just realised something. He looks between me and Jungkook.

"Are you two having sexual relations?"

I feel my cheeks flush, and see Jungkook's do the same. I consider lying, since I don't know whether I can trust this doctor or not, but decide not to.

"Yes," I say in almost a whisper.

"And you were having sexual relations within a month of you starting to feel unwell."

"Um... yes."

Dr Andrews sighs and shakes his head, then reaches into his suitcase and hands me a small cup.

"I'm going to need a urine sample from you."

My cheeks go even hotter. "What, now?"

"If you could, please."

I hesitantly take the cup and look at Jungkook for help. He shrugs.

"Okay..." I say, then go to the bathroom.

I return as quick as I can, embarrassed to literally be holding a cup of my own piss. I hurriedly hand it over to Dr Andrews then sit back down on my bed. He takes out a thin white stick puts the tip of it in the cup. He pulls it out again and the tip is bright pink.

"Oh gosh," he mutters under his breath.

"Oh gosh what? What does that pink thing mean? What's going on?" Jungkook demands.

"Uh... I don't think I'm right for this. Give me a minute while I call an obstetrician."

Dr Andrews stands up and pulls his phone out of his pocket, then leaves the room.

Jungkook looks at me with a confused expression. "What's an obstetrician?"

"I thought it was someone who delivers babies... maybe not..." I trail off.

Jungkook laughs. "Yeah I don't think so."

I laugh a little too, but it's mostly nervous laughter. What's so bad that he can't just tell me what's going on himself?