January pt.2

Taehyung

When Jungkook and Yoongi are both out of the dorm working, I go into Jimin's room.

"Hey Chim. The heater just broke in our room and I don't know how to fix it and I'm cold so I'm here now," I say, and plonk myself down on Hoseok's bed. "Where's Hoseok, by the way?"

Jimin shrugs. "Doing something with Namjoon I think. I'm not sure. I was just about to do a livestream." He points at the set up on his desk.

"Oh, sorry. Should I go?" I ask.

"You can stay there if you want," he says.

I decide to stay, and take out my phone as Jimin starts his livestream. I open my pregnancy tracker app and read the screen that says I'm twenty-five weeks pregnant and my baby is the size of a cauliflower. I've just started playing a game when Jimin says, "Everyone is asking if V is okay. He's fine. He's here now. Say hi V." Jimin turns the camera around so that I'm in shot.

I wave. "Hi ARMY."

And then we both realise what just happened. Jimin quickly pulls the camera back around and says goodbye, then shuts off the livestream.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry I'm an idiot I don't know why I did that I didn't think I don't have a brain I hate myself," Jimin says all in one breath.

"It's not your fault," I say automatically. "Did that really just happen? Did... did they all just see?"
At that moment Sejin comes bursting into the room.

"Sejin? When did you—" I sit up, feeling numb all over.

"Jimin!" Sejin cuts me off and storms over to where Jimin is sitting. "What did you just do?"

Jimin winces. "I take it you were watching?"

"Yes, I was watching! I watched as you turned the camera around to show Taehyung lying on the bed with his huge baby bump!" Sejin yells.

I put my arms over my stomach defensively.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. That was the most stupid thing I've ever done in my entire life and I've done a lot of stupid things." Jimin puts his head in his hands.

Sejin takes a deep breath. "It's alright. I'm sorry I shouted. But that was a really stupid thing."

Jimin nods rapidly. "I know."

I seem to have lost the ability to speak.

"There's no way that's going to be available for replay, but you can bet a whole load of people got screenshots of that," Sejin says, taking a seat and also putting his head in his hands. "I'm don't know what we're going to do with this."

By the end of the day it's decided. We're going to announce a mini tour to take everybody's mind off it for now. It hasn't been decided yet if there will be an official pregnancy announcement and explanation so that I can attend or if nothing will be said. It will be a bus tour around the country, since I would be in my third trimester and unable to fly. So the world may or may not find out that I'm pregnant. Right now, everyone is just incredibly confused.

~

That night I can't sleep, so I go down to the living room and sit alone, not really thinking about anything.

"Taehyung?" I hear Yoongi's voice soon after I get there. I turn around and see him standing behind me in his pyjamas.

"Hi," I say, and pat the seat next to me on the couch. He sits down.

"Can't sleep?" he asks, and I nod.

"Understandable. Big day. Jimin feels really bad."

I shrug. "It was going to happen eventually."

Yoongi fiddles his thumbs for a little while before speaking again. "I'm sorry."

The sudden apology takes me by surprise. "For what?"

"For being such a dick at first, when you told us. For not believing you," he says, still looking down at his hands.

"It's okay, I get it. You were the only person who had a normal reaction, I think," I say. "I know it was really hard for you to get on board with. You're a realist."

"Not believing what your friend tells you is still a pretty dick move," he says.

I chuckle. "Stop calling yourself a dick, Yoongi."

"Fine. But yeah, I'm sorry. And I still just... I find it kind of... weird, still." He looks up and meets my eyes.

"That's fine, I know this looks pretty odd." I gesture to my body. "I thought it was weird for a long time before I was able to fully accept it."

Whatever Yoongi says next I don't pay attention to, because suddenly I feel a push against my stomach. From the inside. Like the little pops I've been feeling, but stronger.

"Oh my God, oh my God..." I mutter.

"What? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Yoongi tenses up.

"I'm fine, but— I think the baby just kicked!" I laugh delightedly. "Like a real kick. Finally!"

I put my hands on my stomach, and feel it again. "You can feel it from the outside too!"

Yoongi scratches his ear awkwardly. "Oh... great."

"You have to feel this." I grab both his hands and press them hard against the bottom of my stomach, where I felt the kicks.

He scrunches up his face, clearly uncomfortable, but he's the only person here and I want to share this with someone. She kicks again and he jumps.

"Jesus Christ," he breathes.

"Did you feel it?" I ask, suddenly feeling out of breath.

He nods. "Yeah, I did."

I push his hands in harder.

"Doesn't this hurt you?" he asks. I shake my head. "There's a real person in there," he says.

She kicks again, and this time, Yoongi smiles.