The Incident

"Our return time will be delayed this morning, we will leave at 9 am. Because there is a landslide disaster on the road that we will go to the Campus" Rex said to the participants.

Lam who stood beside him added, "Also we got information that there was a victim of the incident. The victim crossed the road in his private car"

"Thank you for your attention" with that Lam, Rex, and the seniors who committee went away.

Ming fell silent after hearing the announcement. Then he look at Forth's last message before he left.

From: Mr. Stay Safe
I want to say goodbye na~. My killer lecturer kept sending me message to get me on Campus. When you leave later, be carefull on the road and take good care of yourself. As my promise, after you arrive i'll meet you in your dorm. I love you, Stay Safe na~

'Is P'Forth the victim?' He thought

Ming chuckled inwardly, 'You're dumb Ming! There's no way just P'Forth pass that way'

Ming shook his head and tried to call Forth.

'The number you are calling is inactive'

Ming's eyes was immediately teary, his entire body froze, and panic was immediately blanketed him.

"Q- Q?" Called Ming to his friend standing next to him without turning to his friend.

His right hand was still holding the phone that he put on his ear.

Q turned and frowned at sad and panicked expression on Ming's face, "What's up Ming?"

Ming turned to Q's face and put his phone into his khaki pants's pocket, "Is P'Forth the victim?" He said quietly.

"P'Forth? Why did you call P'Forth the victim?"

"P'Forth has left to the Campus 4 hours ago. And when i called him earlier, his phone was dead"

Hearing that Q gaping, "Let's ask this to the seniors"

Q and Ming went to meet the seniors in the tent of the committee.

"Sawadee krap P' " greetings Ming and Q together while doing wai.

"Hey Ming! What's up?" Lam said as he walked over to them.

"Did P' know who the victim was?" Ming asked.

Lam shook his head, "We don't know that. What is going on?"

"I'm afraid the victim is P'Forth" Ming said in a shaky tone.

Lam was surprised to remember that his friend had left to the Campus first.

Hearing name of Forth, the other seniors immediately approached them.

"Why do you call the victim is Forth?" Rex asked.

"I called him, but his phone is off" Ming said.

"Boat, try to call Forth" said Lam. Boat immediately called him but the result is the same with Ming.

"Lam, his phone is off"

Lam unlocks his phone and finds out about the incident.

"The victim had just been taken to a nearby hospital. However, his identity is still not known" Lam said.

Ming walked over to Lam and grabbed the right arm of his jacket.

"Can you try again P'Lam? Please, try it again i'm sure we'll get the information. P'Lam, can you give it a try?" Asked Ming.

Lam frowned as he looked at his junior. He looks very upset, sad, and panicked. It was unusual for his junior to behave like that to Forth.

"I'm sorry nong Ming. I've been searching for the victim of the incident. But the victim hasn't been identified yet"

"Ming?" Called Q to Ming who still stared at Lam with a pleading face.

Ming turned to Q who signaled him to leave the tent.

"If so, thank you P' " Q said then doing wai on his senior with Ming. They walked away from the tent.

Without a word, Q hugged Ming who cried a little, intend to call him down.

"What if P'Forth is really the victim of that incident, Q?" Said Ming on the sidelines of his cry.

"No. Everything will be fine, Ming" Said Q while patting Ming's back.

Quietly, Q knows the relationship between Ming and Forth. On leaving for the camp site, Forth  offers a ride on Ming.

While climbing the mountain, Ming prefers climbing with Forth rather than with him. And he saw the way they embaraced when Ming plunged the flag of the engineering faculty on the top of the mountain.

Also last night Q realized Ming had just entered the tent at 12 am wearing a black hoodie that look strange to his eyes. Ming's strange attitude was visible as he smelled the hoodie jacket.

He was sure Ming didn't realize he was secretly watching him.

At 9 am, they left to the Campus. While on the way, Ming kept shedding tears while looking out at the bus's window.

Q sit next to him, realizing that Ming's eyes began to swell.

TBC

Don't forget to vote or comment if you like it.