Chapter 22

As the elevator arrives on the 5th floor, you can't help the nerves that start to grow in your body. It was a natural response for you, one that was usually soothed by the presence of your older brothers. However, seeing as the were going to be preoccupied, you would have to get through this on your own. You take a deep breath, attempting to calm your nerves as you step out of the elevator and into the living room, cautiously. Your eyes rake the area, landing on a large group of the brothers sitting on the couches. You close your eyes, steadying your breath, before opening them and walking towards them. You only take a few steps, though before your legs are trapped in a vice-like hug of the youngest brother.

"Onee-Chan!" Wataru exclaims as he wraps his arms and legs around you, holding you tightly. As Wataru clings to you, you struggle to maintain your balance, as his position prohibits you from taking a step to steady yourself. Your arms swing wildly as you fight to keep upright. 

"W-wataru! Look out, we're going to fa-" you let out a scream, though it most likely sounded closer to a squeak. You topple over, curling your arms into your chest as you wait for the impending crash. It does not come, however, as you are swiftly caught in a strong arms. Your eyes widen in surprise, but not at the fact that you were caught, by the fact that a male was holding you. As you try to not hyperventilate, the man, presumably one of your brothers, speaks from above you, reminding you of how tall they all are.

"Wataru! Watch where you are going next time, you could have hurt both you and your sister." He speaks sending shivers down your spine at the deepness his voice possess. Frantically, you try to steady your breathing enough to allow for you to speak. 

"E-excuse me but could you please set me down?" You ask hesitantly, trying not to let the group of males notice how much you are shaking, internally as well as externally. You look up, your (e/c) eyes meeting brown ones as he looks down at you. He laughs lightly as he shakes his head.

"Now why would I do that?" He questions rhetorically, pulling you up onto your feet but not releasing you from his hold. Using his right hand to rub up and down your arm, he allows the other to snake around your waist, holding you firmly in place. "Just look, your shivering in this light dress that your wearing," He comments as you flinch away from his touch. Your eyes grow wide as the arm around your waist moves slightly, allowing it's hand to gently caress your side. You start to shake more intensely from his touch, struggling to get out of his hold. As panic starts to settle in, you try more desperately, twisting to and fro in his arms. As you do so, you can faintly hear someone walking down the stairs. 

"Alright is everyone ready t-" the sound of a man's voice is cut off as he gasps loudly, his footsteps becoming more frantic as he rushes down the steps and across the room to your side. "Kaname, let go of her, your sending her into shock," the man speaks, his voice sounding familiar but is to hard to place in your currant state of mind. The man above holding you, relaxes his hold on you waist, allowing you to slip away as you try steadying your breath, your shaking diminishing greatly. Once you come down slightly, you turn to look at the two men. The one who was holding you, now known as Kaname, and the man from earlier, Masaomi. Seeing that you have calmed down slightly, Masaomi walks over to you slowly and kneels, down in front of you, grasping your hands gently. Surprisingly, his touch doesn't alarm you in anyway, it soothes you as you allow yourself to relax into his touch, his left hand moving to trace circles on your back as he supports your weight. As you calm down, you can hear the other brothers pestering Masaomi with questions about what had happened. Finally, he speaks, his voice low and steady.

"She went into shock. My guess is that she is haphephobic and/or androphobic. In other terms, she is afraid of being touched and also is afraid of men. It could have been triggered by any or all of the things that you did, Kaname." He explains calmly as you close you eyes, allowing your body to lean comfortably on him.  

"But why would she be afraid of being touched?" A voice slightly higher than Kaname's asks, causing you to tense up slightly. You relax however, as Masaomi continues to draw patterns across you back.

"It could be from anything," Masaomi replys calmly, pondering his next words. "Most likely, it was caused from PTSD and you happened to trigger it." You shiver slightly, and memory glimpsing across your mind momentarily before disappearing as fast as it came. You sigh, glad to relax in the comfort of someone's arms, seeing as your triplets are otherwise preoccupied.

"Well, if everyone's ready, let's be on our way, shall we? Ema called, she says that she will meet us there with Grey. Ciel will arrive later as well, as his meeting is taking longer than expected." You hear someone speak up, recognizing it as the man from last night who escorted you and your triplets inside. You feel Masaomi tap you back lightly, signaling for you to stand upright once more, allowing him to stand still gently holding your hand in his. As you turn to face the rest of your brothers, you smile and giggle lightly at Wataru's energetic words.

"Let's go!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Published:

7/24/18

(Just a small heads up, I will be going back and combining some chapters to make them longer, don't be fooled though, I'm not going to change anything unless there are gramatical errors. I have another chapter almost completed so that should be out soon! Stay lovely!)