Chapter Five

Regina lay in her bed wide-awake. She traced through the evening in her mind. Her plan had been to seduce Emma Swan into sleeping with her and then lord it over the Sheriff with threats to turn Henry against her if she didn't leave Storybrooke quickly and quietly.

The brunette had a carefully laid out plan. She decided there would definitely be no kissing and yet it was the first thing she had done. The kisses at the end were necessary of course to keep Emma from feeling overly dejected, but the other ones... Regina's thoughts trailed off.

Regina had planned to be detached and rough, but she hadn't expected to be completely enthralled by the encounter with the sheriff. She cursed herself quietly. The brunette brought her fingers up to her lips. A tingle from where the blonde had been hours ago still lingered.

The mayor closed her eyes and was instantly overcome with the image of Emma with her eyes shut impossibly tight, a thin layer of sweat covering her body, her muscles contracting, and the scorching heat enveloping Regina's fingers and running through her entire body. Regina could taste the other woman on her lips. She could feel her pressed against her body and hear the moans and pleas uttered breathlessly in her ear. The mayor recalled the sensation of Emma pulling her even closer and her heart jumped against her chest. Regina allowed herself to stay in the memory for only another second and forced her mind back on track.

No, the evening certainly hadn't gone according to plan and it was Regina's own fault. She thought of the blonde's reaction when she gave her the "I have to be up early" line. The mayor continued to replay the moment over and over in her mind. She wasn't at all surprised to have been asked to leave. Regina thought to herself. It was almost like she expected it.

An idea began to take shape in the brunette's mind. She wasn't surprised because she has her own agenda. All at once Regina considered that maybe she wasn't the only one spinning a web, and maybe Emma had intended on tangling the mayor for her own purposes. This is part of her plan for stealing my son away from me. The son she threw away and I have loved and cared for all of his life. Anger began to bubble up and transform the mayor's face. A deep crease settled on Regina's brow recognizing that she had underestimated the sheriff. Ms. Swan you have no idea who you're playing with.

The brunette made a quiet vow to not only rid herself of the blonde, but to destroy her in the best way Regina know how - possess her heart and then crush it.

Emma drove home in a daze. Her mind was still trying to wrap around what had happened. Before tonight the sheriff was sure that Regina hated her, but the woman had practically devoured the blonde. Emma shifted in her driver's seat and felt the wetness the mayor left between her legs. The blonde let out a breath.

It just felt so natural. The sheriff passed her apartment and continued to drive around Storybrooke, her mind starting to race. They do say there is a thin line between love and hate. Emma mused to herself. Not that she thought this was "love" but there had definitely been passion. The blonde remembered the smell of Regina's hair, the taste of her lips made sweet with wine, the feel of the mayor's hands all over her body and the rhythm she created with long slender fingers inside of her. Emma fought back a shiver that tried to shoot down her spine.

Emma thought about the way the encounter had ended so abruptly. The mayor had seemed very into it until the blonde had tried to touch her and then she practically ran away from her. Maybe she got cold feet? But why midway through? If anything she should have backed out when she was touching me. She figured this was likely the first time Regina had done something like this... Although maybe she had a girlfriend in college. Emma imagined the mayor at 20 years old, long dark hair, black rimmed square glasses, intense and idealistic. The blonde smiled.