Chapter Fourteen

Emma was practically gliding on air as she walked away from the mayoral mansion and toward her little yellow bug. The blonde was smiling so hard her cheeks hurt. It was a new sensation, and she was loving every minute of it.

God, I feel like I have a date with the varsity quarterback . . . More like the head cheerleader . . . Or the uptight but secretly freaky class president . . . Oh better yet, the stern principal. . . Emma's thoughts were running wild and she hoped Regina would be into role-playing all of those scenarios. The skin on Emma's bottom was still stinging from where the mayor spanked her, and the blonde was sure that Regina would at least be into the disciplinarian principal role.

Driving on Main Street, Emma passed the flower shop and couldn't resist pulling over. "Morning Anne!" The blonde called from her car window. Emma had left her dress and shoes splayed on the floor of Regina's bedroom, and didn't want to risk looking like a maniac walking into the shop barefoot.

"Good Morning Sheriff!" The stout blonde called back before setting down a bucket of flowers and walking over to the Volkswagen.

"Can I get the most stellar, jaw dropping, phenomenal bouquet of flowers that," Emma dug through the wallet she pulled out of the glove box, "sixty-eight dollars can buy?" The sheriff gave the woman a huge smile and handed over all the cash in her possession.

"Sure, do you want to come in and wait for me to put something together?" The woman said with a laugh.

"Is it alright if I wait here?" The sheriff looked up with a sideways smile.

"You bet." The florist responded and darted into her store. It wasn't ten minutes before the woman was back holding a truly lovely and extremely large arraignment. "Tulips, daisies, roses, and blue hydrangeas." The woman handed the flowers wrapped in colored paper over to Emma.

"How much for that over there?" Emma was pointing to a single dark purple orchid encased in glass that looked almost like a black butterfly. The florist glanced back to where the sheriff was pointing and let out a long whistle.

"It's more than sixty-eight dollars." She said with a chuckle. Emma dug into the wallet again and retrieved her credit card.

"I will take that too." Emma was beaming.

"Honey, I'm home!" Emma called as she entered the apartment she shared with Mary Margaret.

"In here!" She heard her roommate yell from her room. Emma swooped in with the flowers out in front of her as she presented the gift.

"Did she get you these?" Mary Margaret put down the newspaper she was reading in bed.

"Nope. They are for you!" Emma grinned feeling awkward now that she was in front of her roommate. The blonde had been so spurred on by her emotions that she hadn't really planned out the rest of it. The sheriff thrust the bouquet forward and onto the brunette's lap.

"Oh Emma! You didn't have to do that! This is too much!" Mary Margaret's smile was bright and her eyes wide taking in the gorgeous arrangement.

"Well you made last night possible. And I also wanted to thank you for picking me up the other night. I'm sorry I hadn't said anything before. I just was kind of in a low place for a minute. I don't usually lose myself like that." Emma looked down mortified at discussing the subject of how she gotten herself blackout drunk and had to be poured into bed. Mary Margaret knew to let it be and just gripped the sheriff's arm in acknowledgment of the words. The brunette took the flowers and scurried off to find a big enough vase. Emma laughed again as she had been doing all morning and then flopped on the bed.

"So, tell me everything!" Mary Margaret said finally turning away from the vase. "Where are your clothes? On second thought I don't want to know." Mary Margaret laughed and Emma threw a pillow at her roommate knocking her in the chest. "Ow!" The brunette choked out as she continued chuckling and fell into the bed next to the sheriff.