Chapter Twelve

Regina stood in the foyer waiting for Emma to say something. The blonde was standing there casually, like she always dressed to the nines and dropped by the mayoral mansion. She is probably here to deliver some emotional rant for what I said yesterday. The brunette readied herself for the little speech she was sure Emma had prepared. Or maybe she is here to rub it in my face that she is going out with someone. That thought sent a surge of jealousy through the mayor.

"Date tonight Ms. Swan?" Regina asked before she could stop herself. The words were sharp and betrayed the mayor's irritation at the prospect.

"No." The blonde answered simply.

The mayor didn't say anything else for a few moments. "Wine?" Regina motioned at her own glass of red liquid.

The sheriff's stomach did a back flip at the thought of alcohol. "No. I'm fine." She answered coolly.

"Well Sheriff. What can I do for you?" The brunette set down her glass and crossed her arms across her chest. Regina was already growing weary of this game. She wanted to know what the blonde was playing at.

Emma took two long strides towards Regina, stopping a few inches from her face. Regina dropped her arms. Bright emerald eyes danced from side to side studying deep brown ones. Regina felt Emma's breath against her skin and could almost feel the heat radiating from her body. "There are a lot of things you can do for me." Emma whispered seductively, leaning in close to Regina's plump red lips. The mayor resisted every temptation to take the sheriff's bottom lip between her teeth.

"Like what dear?" Regina dropped her gaze to Emma's lips and then back up to intense green orbs. Emma let out a coquettish little laugh. The blonde ghosted her lips over Regina's mouth and to her ear - never making physical contact with the brunette. The blonde held her body away, but couldn't help her chest from pressing against the mayor slightly. "I don't know if you can handle it." Emma whispered in her ear with a smile.

The feel of Emma's proximity and whisper against her ear caused a shiver to run down Regina's body and straight to the space between her thighs. The brunette suppressed a moan, but couldn't help closing her eyes. "Try me." Regina answered confidently in a sultry whisper.

"I want you to stop playing games." The words come out so simply. It wasn't anything like what she had practiced on her way there.

"I don't play games Miss Swan." Regina's voice was steady despite her arousal. I win them. She finished in her head.

"Now now Madam Mayor, don't be coy." Emma inched forward letting slightly more of her body touch Regina. The brunette didn't step back despite the blonde's incursion into her personal space.

"Tell me Miss Swan. What is it that you think you are doing right now?" The brunette brought her hands up to the sheriff's waist and pressed the other woman flush against her body finally closing the gap between them. Emma felt the familiar tug at her core as she took in the mayor's scent. "Showing up in my house dressed like this . . . Hmm?" Regina asked running her palms along Emma's hips feeling the soft satin material. "You don't think this is a game?" Regina took her left hand off of Emma's side and brought it up to her neck where she tucked an errant blonde lock behind Emma's ear. The mayor's lips followed where her fingertips had just been and the brunette placed the lightest kiss against the sheriff's neck just under her earlobe. Emma couldn't stop her breath from hitching at the sensation of the mayor's lips, and Regina couldn't suppress a triumphant smile. This is how you play the game. Regina thought to herself, almost feeling sorry for Emma and her pitiful ploy to control the brunette.

"Oh, I'm not playing." Emma whispered after regaining her senses. "I am here to seduce you Madam Mayor. I thought that much was obvious." If Regina hadn't perfected her poker face over decades she would have worn her shock at the blonde's statement all over her face.