CHAPTER ELEVEN

Chapter 11

- Mia White -

After I heard Ace's conversation with whoever he was on the phone with, I went back to my room and forced myself to fall asleep, not wanting to think about what he said and end up pulling an all-nighter.

He promised me that he wouldn't lie to me after I confronted him about having Zoey's number and not telling me. I wondered how many times he's lied to me before that. Just like he said the other day, he told me that he and Levi were going somewhere and that he'd see me later.

"I'll be back soon," he smiled, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "I love you."

I hummed in response. He frowned, asking me what was wrong. "I'm just tired, that's all."

After telling me to go rest, he left with Levi, leaving me here thinking of what he planned to do with Zoey. Although it felt like my heart was about to give out, I tried to convince myself that whatever Ace was going, he must have a good reason. I didn't want to think that he was cheating on me. I know when I tell Sarah, she'll most likely make plans to beat the hell out of him, but also tell me that Ace is incapable of cheating on me. That he wouldn't even give it a thought because of how much he loves me.

Ace might have noticed that Zoey likes him, and was just meeting her to tell her that he wasn't interested because he already has a girlfriend. If he was going to do that, he should've told me, and even if he wasn't, he still should've told me that he was meeting her. Does he not trust me enough to tell me where's he's going?

"Maybe he thought you'd be upset if he told you," Sarah said.

"Yeah, I would be a little upset," I admitted. "but at least he wouldn't have lied about it."

Sarah stayed with me the whole day, trying her best to cheer me up and forget about Ace. We walked around the town with Jacob and Ben, and even though they didn't know what was going on, they were able to make my day like always. When our feet started to hurt, Ben had the idea of renting an ATV so we didn't have to walk, which was a great idea of his.

It was a really fun experience to ride one, and it was better when I got to see Sarah clinging onto Ben as he drove fast. Throughout the entire time I was with my friends, I didn't check my phone until I check the time.

Other than a text from my mom saying she couldn't wait for me to go back home, I had no other notifications. I frowned, my brows knitting together as I dialled Ace's number, only for it to go to voicemail. Sighing, I put my phone away, deciding not to ruin the moment with my negative mood and just confront Ace when he gets back home.

That is if he ever gets back home...

Shaking the thought out of my mind, I tried not to focus so much on Ace. Whatever he was doing, I was going to make sure he told me once he gets home, and not get distracted like the last time.

Just as I hoped, the day went by smoothly without any problems. I even got to see Ben and Sarah spend some time alone with made me happy. After Piper, he didn't think he'd be able to trust any girl again, but maybe Sarah can change his mind.

Right now we were at the beach, and fortunately, not many people were around. Sarah and Ben were near the shore, and from what I can see, they were flirting with each other. Jacob was sitting beside me on the sand texting Charles. When we arrive back home, they were going to see a movie together.