CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Chapter 14

- Mia White -

It's been maybe an hour since I arrived at Levi's place. Not feeling tired at all, I kept myself occupied with the books provided for me on the shelf. As I thought, there were some that I wanted to read, but after finishing those - since there weren't many chapters - I was now bored once again.

I didn't know whether to go out of the room for not. I still haven't memorized the place, and I don't think I want to stumble across another room I'm not supposed to be in.

Luckily, Levi had knocked on the door saying he ordered pizza and was going to see a movie downstairs in the living room since he wasn't in the mood to go to bed. Having nothing else to do, I decided to join him. Entering the living room, Levi told me to pick out a movie while he got us something to drink.

Since I didn't watch it before when Ben asked, I chose The Maze Runner.

After inserting the disc into the DVD player, I sat down on the couch just as Levi came in and placed the box of pizza on the table in front of me. Saying a quick thanks when he handed me a cup of water, he turned off the lights - but leaving the kitchen lights on - as he sat down beside me, making sure there was space between us.

As the movie played, I wasn't really paying attention because my mind seemed to drift off to Ace yet again. I know that at some point I'm going to have to talk to him sooner or later, and although I'm upset about the whole situation, I can't help but miss him. It felt weird not having him around since we've always been together. Since I haven't seen or have talked to him, I wonder how he's feeling. Was he waiting for me to talk to him? Was he planning to talk to me when Levi drove past him?

"Have you decided to talk to Ace yet?" Levi asked, breaking my chain of thoughts.

I shrugged. "Not really."

"I think you should. I mean, you can't avoid him forever."

"That's true," I chuckled. Even if I tried to avoid him for the rest of my life, Ace would be too stubborn to give up on me.

Levi and I continued watching the movie until all the pizza was gone and the credits were rolling. I didn't even realize that Sarah had been calling me - since my phone was on silent - until I went to check the time.

When I tried calling her back, she didn't pick up, so I assumed she'd already gotten into bed. After Levi had given me an extra toothbrush to use, as well as some toothpaste, I quickly brushed my teeth before scurrying off to bed.

Just as I took off my shoes and got into bed, my phone started to vibrate from the nightstand. Picking it up, it was Ben who was calling. "Hello?"

"Mia! I'm so glad you picked up!" he exclaimed. "You're at my place, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I uh... forgot my keys, so do you mind opening the door?"

"Alright. I'll be there in a minute."

Ending the calling, I put my shoes back on and made my way to the front door. When I was walking down the stairs, I saw Levi already at the door. He had a concerned look on his face. When he saw me, he quietly told me to stay hidden. I didn't know why he wanted me to since he was just letting Ben inside, but I did as I was told, and when he opened the door, I realized when he asked me to do so.

Ben shyly smiled. "Hey! So, I brought Ace over!"

"Where is she?" Ace asked angerly, eyes narrowed towards Levi.