Zayn: Episode 3

Zayn/S1/Episode: 3

The day after Mr. Malik introduced me as his girlfriend in the lobby, I head to the locker room from the penthouse. The second I open the door, everyone rushes towards me at once.

"Natalie! What happened yesterday?!" Barbara starts filling me up with questions. "Why did you go to the I.V.C.?!"

"There must be some mistake. There's no way you're Mr. Malik's girlfriend!" Taylor glares at me with her arms crossed against her chest.

"No way!" The twins copy her.

"Um, err..."

What should I do? I can't tell the truth about the auction.

"Natalie, are you actually from a wealthy family?" Barbara's eyes widen. "And you're working here to experience normal life or something?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Taylor huffs. "Natalie doesn't have a well-bred bone in her body. Tell us how you wound up with Mr. Malik!"

"Tell us!"

"Um... I-I was working and it was love at first sight," I lie.

"Liar! As if Mr. Malik would fall for some normal girl like you! What's the real reason?"

"The real reason?!"

Taylor might be the one leading the interrogation, but everyone else clearly wants to hear the story as well. I'm completely surrounded in front of my locker and just then I hear someone clapping their hands together.

"Get to work, get to work!" Lily orders. "We've got a lot of early check-ins today so we need to hurry!"

"...Oh, that's right," Taylor pouts along with her minions.

"That's right!"

Everyone returns to their places.

"Natalie, you're cleaning with me today, right? Let's go," Lily smiles at me sweetly.

"Okay!"

Was she trying to save me?

Lily and I head out to start cleaning the guest rooms.

**

Lily and I finish making the beds while we clean a guest's room.

"Thanks for what you said back there, Lily," I smile at her.

"Hm?" She furrows her eyebrows confused for a second then giggles smiling widely. "Oh, sure. I'll always help if you need anything."

"But aren't you going to ask me why I was at the party?"

"Only if you want to talk about it. But you don't, right?"

"Right..."

"It's not my style to pry information out of people," she giggles. "Can you hand me those flowers?"

"Oh, sure."

I'm really grateful for Lily's kindness.

Just as we're checking over the room, there's a knock on the door. It opens and Mr. Wesley walks in.

"Good morning, Mr. Wesley!" I greet him as so does Lily.

"Good morning," she smiles politely.