Zayn: His POV Episode 2

Zayn/S1/His POV/Episode 2

"Hey, Zayn. Which dress looks better on me? The dark red or the black lace?"

How many dresses does she plan on trying, anyway... Even though she's a very important key to this business deal, I'm starting to get annoyed.

"Black is more slimming, so isn't that the best one?" I tell Ashley.

"Black, hm? Well, if you like the black, that's what I'll get!" She squeals.

Ashley is the daughter of a very important business contact of mine, and Liam, Natalie, and I are accompanying her on a shopping trip.

"Why do women waste so much time when they're shopping?" I mumble. "Ashley's going to look pretty much the same no matter what she wears."

"It's not clothes she wants. She wants you to choose for her," Liam snickers.

He thinks it's my problem, hm? Can't wait to see his face when I get her to fall for him instead.

I smirk to myself as I think of my secret plan.

"Nonsense. I don't care how other people dress," I say.

While we wait for Ashley to finish changing, I look around the store.

The clothes here aren't bad.

I casually glance at the display case and see a simple platinum ring. Natalie is standing beside me, still bewildered by Ashley's "robust" personality.

I turn my gaze to her hands and realize she's not wearing any rings.

The jewelry I usually have her wear for the I.V.C. is too flashy to wear every day.

This simple ring suits her delicate, slender fingers better than the bulky rings.

If she's supposed to be my woman, it would be strange for her to not wear any jewelry.

I justify to myself as I call her over.

"Hey."

"Yes?" She furrows her eyebrows.

I take her by the hand and direct her attention to the display case.

"This platinum ring will look good on you."

"Huh? Really?"

"Yes. Your hands are very neat, probably because of your job. So a simple design without any jewels looks good on you," I slip the thin platinum ring onto her right ring finger.

...Not bad.

"I was right," I grin. "I'll take this one," I tell an employee.

"Yes, sir."

"...Are you serious?" Natalie questions me.

Why is she hesitating?

Usually the women I have around me are constantly pestering me to buy them things.

Isn't she happy? Well, I am the man who bought her. No wonder she's cautious.

"I like it. Keep it on. Plus, it's proof that...

...you belong to me," I start to say, but then Ashley bounces out of the dressing room with unsettling excitement.