Zayn: Episode 8

Zayn/S1/Episode: 8

"Here's your coffee, Zayn."

"Mm."

Lately I've been getting up in the morning and making coffee for Zayn. With three cubes of sugar and lots of milk, of course.

"Mm, just the right amount of sweetness," he grins taking another sip. "You're proving to be quite usual."

"You kept making me get you a new cup every time I messed up, so I learned. I'm surprised you can drink it so sweet."

"Your brain needs sugar for energy. Maybe even you could get smarter if you eat more sugar."

"No thanks, I don't want to get fat," I tell him.

"You don't have to worry about that," he frowns as he looks at me observing me.

"You can only say that because you're not interested in me," I add.

"I don't want you to lose weight without my permission. Lots of dresses fit well just as you are now."

"O-okay then..."

That's right. I need to ask him about my day off since Paul invited me out.

"Do you mind if I go out for my day off the day after tomorrow?" I ask.

"For what?" He furrows his eyebrows as I think quickly what to tell him.

"I was thinking of going out with a friend..."

"Do whatever you want," he says sternly. "But if I page you, you better be back in 45 minutes."

"All right."

An extra 15 minutes!

"I need to go to work now," I add.

"Go ahead."

It seems like he's actually responding to me more lately. Or maybe it's just my imagination?

I gaze at his profile as he sits at his laptop checking the news and it seems just as cold as always. As I leave the penthouse, I feel happy that we were able to have a normal conversation.

**

That night.

Everyone gathers in the lounge, including Liam, who's holding a Chihuahua.

"Isn't that Ashley's dog, Fang?" I ask.

"She made me take him," Liam huffs.

"Pfft. Looks like you two are getting along well," Zayn chuckles.

"Shut up. I can't believe you pushed that brat on me."

"Oh, who cares? You hate women, right?" Zayn can't help but laugh.

"Oh, that's right. Zayn totally set Liam up," Niall gasps. "And you can't be cold to the daughter of an Italian mob moss," he grins.

"Even Zayn has trouble dealing with some people," I say.

"I wouldn't even call her a person," Zayn says.

"Hey...," Niall frowns. The conversation stops and everyone looks at Zayn and me.

Hm? Did I say something weird?

"Natalie, did you just call him 'Zayn'?" Niall adds on as he looks shocked.