Zayn: Epilogue Episode 1

Zayn/S1/Epilogue/Episode 1

I wake up to the familiar sound of my alarm clock. I'm in my apartment in the employee dormitory.

I get out of bed and open my curtains. The bright morning sunlight fills my room. It looks like it's a beautiful day outside.

I miss waking up in the penthouse.

I work as a maid at the most known hotel and casino in Los Angeles. The MK.

And through a series of strange events, I ended up being bought by the hotel owner, Zayn Malik.

"I can't believe I'm really his girlfriend now."

The day we became a couple, he carried me to his bedroom.

--

"I've shown you all of myself. Now it's your turn."

--

I had no idea he could be so gentle...

I flush as I remember what happened that night and realize I've lost track of time.

"I'm going to be late for the meeting!" I quickly munch on some toast and run out of the dorm.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll see Zayn at the hotel today.

My heart starts pounding as I hurry down the familiar path.

**

"The fifth anniversary of L.A's first casino and hotel is an important event," our manager explains. "And in honor of the occasion, we're going to hold a party that will show our gratitude to our regular guests as well as welcoming all our new ones."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone agrees.

After the manager's done talking, the departmental meeting starts.

I get my schedule from Paul, the concierge, and then the manager calls out...

"Is Natalie here?"

"Yes!" I answer.

"Starting today, you will be in charge of cleaning the penthouse, Natalie," he smiles at me.

"What?!" I gasp shocked.

All the other maids look at me, equally surprised by the manager's orders. Everyone starts murmuring and then Taylor steps forward.

"Wait a minute here! She's just in charge of the regular guest rooms! So why does she get to clean the penthouse all of a sudden?!"

"I can tell by the amount of effort she puts into her work that she could handle it," Mr. Dornan tells her. "I'm counting on you, Natalie."

"T-thank you!"

"You think Mr. Malik's behind this?" One of the maids says.

"But I thought he dumped Natalie?" Another questions.

The rumor mill's already starting up again.

"Quiet, everyone. Let's continue the meeting," Paul takes over after the manager leaves.

The commotion dies down and the meeting continues.

After it's over, Barbara runs up to me.

"I heard all about the announcement! Is it true you got put in charge of the penthouse?! So does that mean..." She giggles.

"It's a surprise from someone special?" Lily giggles tagging along. She elbows Barbara with a grin and I nod. "Are you two back together?"