Zayn: Episode 10

Zayn/S1/Episode: 10

"I'm done with you."

"...What? W-wait a minute. What does that mean?"

"I'll put it plainly so you can understand. Get out of my sight."

"But... but why..."

"I kept you around for the business deal with Benson. But now that the deal's gone through, I don't need you anymore."

"It's been a while since you made the deal, so why now?"

"Do you need me to spell it out for you?"

Zayn pulls the woman closer to him and smiles at me.

What, he doesn't need me because he has a new girlfriend?

"But I thought..."

I thought we were developing a real, equal relationship. I thought he wasn't just using me.

He told me about his past and everything, but I guess I'm the only one who felt that way.

"Oh, are you worried about the dresses and shoes I bought you? I'll let you keep them."

I feel a mixture of frustration and sadness and can't hold back my tears.

"I don't want to see such a pathetic sight. If you're going to cry, wait until you leave," he snaps.

"I'm not crying!"

The sparkling ring on my right ring finger catches my eye.

This is the ring he bought when we were alone together.

I've been wearing it ever since that day, but now I take it off and set it on a nearby table.

I was an idiot thinking there was anything special behind this ring. I'm so stupid...

"Excuse me," it takes everything I have to bow my head to him, reverting back to a hotel employee, and then I leave his room.

I'll never come back here again. I bite my lip and get on the elevator.

**

Several days pass before I see Zayn again.

"Natalie, were you told to get all the amenities ready yourself?" Lily asks.

"Yes. But it's all right; I'm used to it."

"I think Taylor's bullying is going too far. Maybe you should tell Mr. Wesley?"

"If I don't complain about her, she'll get tired of it eventually."

She still thinks Zayn and I are dating, even though we're not. But right now I should just concentrate on work and not think about anything else.

I only get involved with him by complete accident. I wanted him to let me go so badly, so why do I feel so unhappy now that it's all over?

Why can't I forget him?

After I'm done making the bed, I stand up and suddenly Zayn's pager falls out of my pocket.

"Oops..."

Maybe I should return this? Or maybe I should just throw it away...

"That reminds me. You haven't gotten a page from the penthouse lately," Lily says.

"Yeah."