Say Yes

While Rick and Michonne were out on a run for a couple of days, I was the full time leader.

Let's just say, I was exhausted and confused for those couple of days.

I could communicate with Rick through our radios if I needed or advice or if him or I needed to give updates, but other than that, I was on my own.

As I was on my inventory check, Tara came over to me.

"Hey, Bree," she greeted.

I smiled. "Hey. What's up?"

"Have you seen Rosita?"

I thought for a second. "The last time I saw her, she was changing her stitches."

She nodded. "Thanks."

As she left, I took a deep breath and looked at my radio.

Rick hadn't called in since last night.

•••

I unlocked the door to the Grimes's house (which I stayed at full time now) to see Tara with Judith.

"Hey," I greeted.

She looked over as if I had startled her. "Oh, hey."

"You okay?" I asked suspiciously.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just...thinking."

"Okay," I responded, drawing the word out. "Well, I'm here to take Judith, so you're free for a few hours."

She stood up, taking a deep breath. "Actually, is there something I could do? I kinda wanna be busy."

I checked the job list, looking for any openings. There weren't any.

"I guess you could join Tobin on watch," I complied.

She nodded, looking like she had a lot on her mind and it was stressing her out. "Okay, thanks."

She walked out.

Really confused, I turned to Judith. She was playing with a bracelet on the floor and looking up at me.

I chuckled softly. "What did she talk to you about, huh?"

I picked her up and headed out onto the porch with her.

•••

The next day. I was working on the new job schedule when I heard the gate open.

Quickly, I ran over to see Rick and Michonne walking back in.

"Rick!" I called and ran over to them.

He smiled when he saw me and we hugged.

"Everything still okay here?" he asked as he pulled away.

I took a look at the community. "Nothing's burned to the ground yet." I looked back to him. "But Tara's been acting really weird."

He nodded. "I was gonna ask her about Rosita anyway. Let's go."

Him and I went to find her as Carl ran over and helped Michonne unload everything.

We saw Tara coming out of her house and we went to meet her.

"Hey," Rick greeted.

"Hey," she responded.

"You all right?"

"Yeah, I was just coming over to see you guys. What's up?"

"Have you seen Rosita? Apparently she didn't show up for her guard shift this morning."

Tara considered it. "She probably just went out looking for more."

Rick nodded before exchanging a glance with me. "Why were you coming by?"

She took a deep breath. "I have something to tell you."