The First Day of the Rest of Your Life Part 3

My heart seemed to freeze. It felt like it stopped midbeat.

I watched as my reanimated mom fell on top of Negan, sending him to the ground.

I felt a scream rise in my chest but I was in too much shock for it to escape my throat.

The one thing that finally pulled me out of it was the sound of Carl's gun.

Like a chain reaction, after that, guns started to go off all around me.

I forced myself to tear my gaze away from my mom and swallow the overwhelming devastation that was starting to consume my entire being.

Jumping down from the post, I raised my gun and started shooting everywhere, not paying attention to who I was shooting at. Thankfully, I didn't hurt anyone from my group.

A while later, I suddenly felt a force tackle me from behind, shoving me to the ground.

Despite my intense struggling, he tied my hands together behind my back.

"You're coming with me," Simon's voice whispered in my ear.

I turned to look at him and spat in his face. He slapped me and forced me into a standing position before dragging me with him.

He finally stopped dragging me and shoved me into the grasp of another person. I kept staring at the ground.

"You might wanna look up, honey," the man whispered.

Despite all the biting remarks buzzing in my brain, I looked up and felt the air leave my lungs.

Rick and Carl were on their knees with Negan holding Lucille behind them.

I started getting painful flashbacks to my dad and Glenn.

"Oh, my god," I whispered. The man pulled me back as I tried to break free from his grasp. He held me against him, holding a knife to my throat.

I tried to look away but the man held my head in place.

Eventually, I just barely heard Negan tell Rick, "I'm gonna kill Carl now."

Though he kept talking, I didn't understand anything else. A sob rose in my throat. God, no. Stop. Don't. Just kill me.

Negan soon got up and walked over to Carl.

"No!" I called, my voice breaking.

He gave me a soft smirk before taking off Carl's hat and raising Lucille.

I squeezed my eyes shut but opened them when, instead of hearing the sound of Carl being murdered, I heard the roar of a tiger.

I looked up to see Shiva on top of a Savior, ripping him to shreds as Ezekiel and Carol rode in, the rest of the Kingdom on their heels.

"End these Saviors and their accomplices!" Ezekiel yelled. "Alexandria will not fall! Not on this day!"

My heart surged as I started seeing Saviors drop all around me.

Knowing that the man holding me was distracted, I head butted him, making him let me go as he recoiled.

He soon recovered and punched me, sending me to the ground.

He went to kill me with his machete, but I grabbed my gun and sent four bullets into his chest before he had the chance.

"Bree!" Carl yelled as he ran over to me.

He offered me his hand and I grabbed it. He pulled me up as we heard another familiar voice.

"Fan out!" Maggie yelled as the Hilltop came into our sight. "Two groups now!"