Chapter Twelve

There was nothing more to say on the subject. Emily talked about band practice, how they had a concert in a few weeks, about homework and teachers and Randy breaking a window in the house. She cheered me up. I dropped her off home at half six.

"Will you be okay tonight?" She asked me as she got out of the car.

"I'll be alright," I said, not entirely sure if it was the truth.

Of course, I was wrong. Because when I got home, I found Cordelio waiting for me in the living room.

"Hello, baby." She said in that sweet voice of her's. I cringed. Why her? Why not Analisse?

"Analisse is out hunting. I'm here to babysit you until then. See... Analisse has started to lose strength in breaking you. But we can't give in. Especially when we're so close." Her voice caressed the words 'so close'. I tried to think of Emily. Emily. Emi...ly....

"You're not," I said through gritted teeth. Cordelio smiled a gorgeous smile and flipped her brownish reddish hair back behind her shoulder.

"Yes, we are. Emily can't save you. Analisse has gifts to seduce you. These powers only work when she's around you though... It'll leave a lasting imprint on most men. But not you. You just cannot stop thinking about that silly little mortal."

"Because she is so much better than either of you." Cordelio looked at me with an expression that was like... sympathy. But in the context, it felt so wrong to me. Until she spoke.

"Oh, honey. You won't be thinking that when I'm finished with you." Cordelio stood right in front of me. She smelt so good... "Analisse has her gift to manipulate your emotions. But MY gift... I manipulate people mentally and my gift is so much more powerful. The thing with my gift is that I can and will be able to break you even when I'm not with you. It just takes a day or two to set in."

And before I could stop her or think of Emily, her lips were pressing on mine with a force that was so much more than Analisse did. She grabbed my face with both of her hands and continued to kiss me. I tried to move my hands to push her away but I physically couldn't. I could only move my eyes otherwise I would have bitten her plump soft lips. I couldn't move.

She broke away from the kiss but kept her face inches away from mine.

"I want you to lose your little girlfriend. I don't care how. Tell her you do not want her to be your friend anymore. Quit practice. Say you are not interested in football at this time. Then come home to me. Do you understand?"

"Yes," I whispered through my frozen lips.

 "Good." She pressed her lips to mine again only this time I could kiss back and I did. I pulled her close, wanting her bad. Nothing else came into my head this time round.