introduction

i͟n͟t͟r͟o͟d͟u͟c͟t͟i͟o͟n͟

Jeon Jeongguk hated the color blue with a passion

Some could say having a hatred towards a color was a bit over dramatic but Jeongguk had a perfectly plausible reason for it. His hair naturally grew the color blue meaning that he was born to be a protagonist.

Both his parents had black hair and rejoiced at the fact that their son was to be a main character but were wary at the same time. They knew how quickly people were to judge you differently once seeing the color of your hair and a protagonist's life was never bland. Their lives were constantly filled with cliche and dramatic events which was quite tiring when compared to other people's lives.

When Jeongguk was nine years old he saw his parents get shot.

The police had shown up to the burglary gone wrong and weren't surprised to find that the only survivor was a protagonist, as most had sad dramatic childhoods. They brushed him off immediately sending him to an orphanage knowing that someone like him would have no trouble getting adopted.

A day had passed and Jeongguk was stuck living with a completely new family and was astonished that the police didn't seem to care about his parent's murder. You're a protagonist, what did you expect? Your life is supposed to be eventful that's just how fate planned it. He was forced to accept that fact and move on with only a pendant left from his parents.

Jeongguk was surprised the first time his foster parents hit him. He had hurried and bought makeup to cover the bruise and comforted himself by saying that they didn't actually mean the words they had said. Jeongguk didn't bother to cover his bruises after the tenth time and ended up crying after his teacher noticed them and merely shrugged it off.

Everyone acted so kind and nice to protagonists but once they noticed how harrowing or horrendous their lives were they'd ignore it saying that they shouldn't tamper with what fate had planned for them.

Jeongguk was thirteen when he dyed his hair for the first time and, unsurprisingly, got beat up by his foster parents for it. A week later his hair seemed to naturally shift back to the blue shade it was leaving him annoyed again.

He wanted a normal life he didn't want to be glorified as some main character that didn't deserve a good life story as everyone else did. His life shouldn't have to have a terrible backstory for people to want to read about just for their own satisfaction. He wanted to be like everyone else so he bought another box of hair dye and left the next day.

And as much as everything sucked for him all he had to do was remember every week to dye his hair so it wouldn't go back to blue and that was okay. For once in his life people treated him like a normal average person and he couldn't have been happier.