037

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

When Jeongguk sat down in front of his mirror the last thing he expected was Jihyo to barge into his room

"What?" The protagonist muttered as he rubbed his eyes. The day before he had spent hanging out with Yugyeom and Bambam but once his friends left he immediately went to focus on his schoolwork. It was something he had been lacking on recently and ended up having to stay up all night to catch up on his assignments. "Usually you leave for school before I start to get ready, what's up?"

"You didn't tell your friends about it, did you?"

The protagonist couldn't help but freeze desperately trying to think what his foster sister was referring to. He felt as if so many things had happened in his life recently, which event was Jihyo aware of? Slowly, as he glanced back at the mirror, his head seemed to zone in more on the situation as he saw the bruise around his neck once more.

Oh, the cafe incident. 

"I didn't want to worry them," He replied trying to assess the situation. Jihyo obviously had surprised him with such seriousness and he needed to make sure he was fully awake so he didn't say something he'd regret. "It was an unfortunate incident, and I'm not trying to downplay it. But I don't want people to unnecessarily worry about me. There's more cameras at the cafe now and we know to be more aware of our surroundings."

The brunette huffed as she crossed her arms. She evidently wasn't happy with his answer causing Jeongguk to feel nervous. Of course he knew Jihyo was concerned for him and got curious over his behavior sometimes, she had always been like that. But stopping him to actually communicate about the issues and talk them through? That was new for her.

"Who did you go to get makeup with then?"

"I went by myself, one of my coworkers also lent me some of his makeup too. "

"I'm literately a girl, why wouldn't you have asked me for help? I already knew about the bruises and made sure to keep it a secret from mom and dad anyways."

Oh, was she just uncomfortable he wasn't relying on her to help him through this? She always was a bit apprehensive whenever she'd notice he wasn't sleeping as much as he should so this whole encounter didn't seem as unnerving. It was probably due to him calling her after it happened and asking her to keep it a secret, she just wanted to help more with the overall situation.

"My coworker volunteered and it gave me an opportunity to get closer and become friends." Jeongguk said smiling already figuring out exactly what to say to appease his sister and get her to not worry as much. Of course her worrying was inevitable but he just had to keep it in check. If she got too concerned and kept a closer eye on him she could notice some of his slip ups. "He's really been helping me through this and I'm glad to have friends in my workplace now too."