030

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪

Jeongguk could practically feel the eyes following his every move

Panic wasn't usually his first reaction to events like these since, as a protagonist, he had grown used to them. He would just call someone he knew to stay with him or go to a public space and wait it out. But it was Friday night and that meant his hair was going to change back to blue which made things a lot more difficult.

So that left him sorting through the other options in his head trying to find the best one. The only reason he had left the house was to go buy hair dye so the most obvious thing to do seemed to be that. But what if whoever was following him grew suspicious of what he bought? He didn't need people to grow skeptical of his behavior that would make things worse.

Going home emptyhanded wasn't exactly a good idea either. His hair would naturally turn back blue and what was he supposed to do then? He couldn't just wear a hat the entire time and hope to be able to hurry and get hair dye the next day, that would leave a large time period for things to go haywire. Plus his sister even had her friends over, it was too risky going home without hair dye. 

So going home and buying hair dye were completely out of the picture. He could call Yugyeom or Bambam, actually no, he couldn't risk them seeing his hair turn blue. They were his first real friends he couldn't risk them seeing he was a protagonist and leaving him to be alone again. 

That left him with absolutely no options he could think of, fantastic. 

He had been trying to stay in populated areas to make sure whoever was following him couldn't actually do anything but with his hair about to turn he really needed to leave. 

So that left him staring at a dead-end alley knowing he needed to walk down it and confront whoever was following him. It wasn't ideal, especially since it would result in a very unfriendly experience, but he needed to get this waiting game over with.

It hadn't even been a full four days since he was almost choked to death in an alley but here he was slowly walking down another one. He could hear the echo of footsteps behind him and was grimacing with each step he took knowing he was cementing himself into a bad situation. Eventually he saw the dead-end and sighed knowing he needed to turn around and face what was behind him. 

He had expected someone who obviously looked like an antagonist throwing a punch at him but instead was met with some kids who appeared around his age.

"Uhm, I'm sorry?"  Jeongguk said confusion evident on his features as he looked at the three boys. "Do I know you guys?"

"Give us your wallet."

"My wallet?" He replied seeing that they were serious. "Did you guys serious follow me specifically around town just to try and steal money from me? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Just give us your damn wallet." One of them said as he grabbed something out of his pocket. Oh, was that a knife? Jeongguk did not like that at all. "We'll use force if you don't give us it."

The addition of one of them being armed definitely was making Jeongguk feel a bit uncomfortable. He couldn't exactly risk giving them his wallet, he needed the money now more than ever to buy hair dye and makeup. But what else was he supposed to do? He was on a time limit until his hair turned back, he didn't have time to think this through.

"Are you sure you want my wallet? I'm basically broke so there's almost no point in taking money from me."

"Don't make us ask again," the one with the knife replied obviously shaking. Ah, so he was nervous and armed. That made the situation even more complicated! "Just give us the money!"

Sighing Jeongguk pulled out his wallet from his pocket staring at the leather material. Other than money the only thing he kept in there was his student ID and he could easily get another one from the school. It was just a huge bummer that he had to willingly give it to these thieves to avoid a fight.

He extended his hand to give them the wallet and watched as one slowly walked closer grabbing onto it. Sighing he watched the boy pocket it until a sudden pounding sensation in his nose formed as he fell backwards and smacked his head on the brick wall. 

Jeongguk clenched his eyes as he slowly let himself fall to the ground. He ended up in a position that was hurting his already injured neck but he couldn't find the energy to move. The three thieves seemed to run away after he had hit the ground so he stayed still until he couldn't hear their footsteps anymore.

"They didn't have to punch me," he muttered as he slowly opened his eyes. The world looked like a blurred mess and he couldn't focus in on anything. As his vision crept up further he noticed how his bangs were turning blue. "Fuck."

Jeongguk did not want to just spend longer laying on the floor of an alley but he didn't seem to have much of a choice. He couldn't walk into public and have someone see him but what if someone walked down this alley and found him? The pounding in his head wasn't helping his thought process all he could think of was wanting to be in a warm cozy bed.

So he slowly pulled his phone out of his pocket and flicked through his contacts. He didn't plan to ever call the contact but he was stuck in a worst-case scenario and was just hoping they'd pick up. 

-

Hi hi hi!! Have you guys heard about Mnet's Queendom show? I'm not a 100% sure how I feel about it since it kinda sets everyone against each other and it'll have evil editing since it's Mnet :( But I am still excited to see comebacks from everyone there~