035

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

"Wow, someone sure seems like they're in a good mood today

"Wow, someone sure seems like they're in a good mood today."

"Really?" Jeongguk said as he raised an eyebrow. "I haven't been acting any differently today than I usually do."

"Lies!" Bambam said as he sat down between his two friends pushing Yugyeom to make more room for him. "You literately ignored us all weekend and all the sudden are acting more cheerful than normal."

"I bet it's because of Taemin-ssi, you guys are really close now."

"I just was hanging out with my family this weekend," He replied as he went back to eating trying to ignore his two friends' overdramatic antics. "And besides I've never hung out with Taemin hyung in my life, I didn't even know he went to this school! We just work together."

"Hyung! You called him hyung!"

"He told me to call him that since we work together!" He said in response as he moved his hand to rub his forehead. "You both literately give me headaches just by talking to you. I need to find somewhere else to eat at lunch."

"You can go sit with the protagonists!" Bambam immediately responded a smile on his face as Yugyeom glanced at him and joined with laughter. "I bet you've been stalking them and already know all about their interests."

"You guys are still stuck on that? I just knew what their names were, that isn't stalking. And before you say anything else it's not my fault I didn't know a random person you chose name. The whole point of protagonists is that they're the main characters, everyone knows who they are. Those who pretend they don't are just lying to seem special."

"That literately sounds something like my younger sister would say, she's going through her protagonist phase right now," Bambam said while placing his hand over his heart and staring off into the distance. "I miss her but thank god I'm not there for that. I don't need to hear her gushing about how a main character is somehow going to fall in love with her and they'll live happily ever after."

"A crush?" Jeongguk responded his mind immediately going into a panic. He had just been trying to show why everyone knew the protagonists when Bambam compared him to his sister, were they trying to imply he had a crush one of the protagonists too? "I don't have a crush on any of them!"

Immediately after saying that he could see two matching grins on his friend's face showing that he had misinterpreted their words and the conversation was now going to take an uncomfortable turn for him.

"We weren't saying you had a crush on them," Yugyeom responded as he placed his food aside moving from sitting by Bambam to smush himself on the other side of Jeongguk. "But your blush is saying you do! Which one is it?"

"I bet it's Namjoon, you have him as a teacher aid in English right? There's not a single soul on this Earth that wouldn't fall for him in a button-up and glasses, not to mention his dimples!"

"I don't have a crush-"

"Oh what about Jimin! He's in your art class, isn't he? I haven't met a single guy who hasn't fallen for his charms. Or maybe Taehyung, he's in that art class as well. He literately looks like perfection."

"Guys stop-"

"Maybe Hoseok? A lot of people always get starstruck when he smiles. Or what about Yoongi? He acts all tough but I bet he's secretly a sweetie-"

"Stop it!" Jeongguk yelled as he pushed himself out of the grasp of his two friends. He could feel his shoulders shaking as he tried to bask in the air around him. All his mind could think of was the protagonists and him and that was the exact opposite of what he wanted. He was too busy trying to calm himself down to pay attention to his spilled lunch or shocked faces of his friends. "I don't have a crush on them so stop saying I do!"

The silence that followed immediately made him grasp onto the situation and how rude his outburst was. He just didn't want them to keep associating him with protagonists, it was making him feel anxious. But now his only friends were going to leave just because he didn't know how to act natural about teasing. He was going to be alone all again-

"Hey, we genuinely didn't mean to make you uncomfortable by saying those things. We're sorry if we went too far on it."

"Yeah if you aren't cool with us talking about you having a crush on a guy-" Bambam immediately nudged his elbows into Yugyeom's side causing the younger to groan. "-sorry I just, if you aren't cool with things like that we'll make sure not to bring it up again."

"What?" The protagonist responded panicked with what his friends were insinuating. "No! That's not, I'm not uncomfortable with that at all! In fact I think guys are really cute! I've never dated uh one before but I've never really dated anyone before at all and I just-"

Before he could continue to babble more words he felt two pairs of arms wrap around himself causing him to shut up. He had felt so happy and cheerful from this weekend but at the moment he just felt on the verge of sobbing and having his friends hug him threw him off. He couldn't control his tears as he just leaned into whatever shoulder was closest to him not caring about whoever saw them.

"Hey, it's okay. We don't care about things like that. It doesn't matter." Bambam replied as he let his hand rub up and down the youngers back. "How about we all go grab some ice cream? It'll be my treat."

"And skip school?"

"If you aren't okay with it we can just go after," Yugyeom said as he slightly pulled back from Jeongguk showing he had been crying into his shoulder. "But either way I'd say it's a pretty good deal, Bambam never usually buys stuff."

"Brat!"

Jeongguk immediately nodded in response not wanting to overthink everything. Sure skipping wasn't exactly a good move for his grades or attendance but all in all he really felt drained from the previous conversation. His friends immediately grabbed onto his hands and he let himself relax following them out of school which led him to ignore the concerned stares from the rooftop.

-

Me: Constantly checks Wattpad hoping my favorite books have been updated
Also Me: Forgets I actually have published books I'm supposed to update

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you guys all have had a nice 2019 and will have an even better 2020~