017

s͟e͟v͟e͟n͟t͟e͟e͟n͟

Jeongguk was stuck working at the cafe alone again

It was Sunday night nearing 11pm meaning that the store would close in about a hour. Nobody really came to cafe at that time which allowed him to clean and occasionally study. Of course security cameras prevented him from closing early which was a bit irking for him.

Security cameras also meant that they had footage of the man throwing a drink on him the other day but he didn't bring that up to anybody. If he did they'd see how the protagonists helped him and that definitely wouldn't seem normal.

Jeongguk wasn't going to give up pretending to be normal just for justice for himself.

And being normal for him meant that he was stuck at a crappy job for the next couple of hours and that he would barely get any sleep as he struggled to be at the top of his class. Of course he had to admit that he hated this job more than his last, due to unfair working hours and lower salary, but he did like living in Seoul more than Icheon. Sure he had protagonists to worry about at school but he had Yugyeom and Bambam as well.

The thought of being able to see Yugyeom and Bambam again made the younger smile and he truly was happy that they had befriended him. Having people to confide in and talk to was nice.

Jeongguk did have Jihyo as well but it seemed weird discussing issues to his foster sister. He didn't want her to worry about his biological parents he was grateful that her family had taken him in already. 

He already was at the beginning of his teen years when they adopted him which surprised him. He didn't want to weigh them down with thoughts from his past after they had given him another chance to have good memories.

"Welcome to the cafe!" Jeongguk said automatically as he heard the bell to the door ring. He kept his tired eyes focused on the countertop he was cleaning to try and force himself to stay awake. "How may I help you today?"

Things were silent which caused him to look up and immediately gasp seeing who it was.

He didn't know the name of the person but the silver hair seemed to be a reminder of when he last saw him. Jeongguk didn't know what to do so he simply forced a smile begging that the man wouldn't remember seeing his blue hair.

"Sir? What would you like?"

"A medium caramel macchiato," He mumbled as he looked at the worker's nametag tilting his head. "Jeongguk."

The silver-haired protagonist could recall all his friends talking about how they seemed to like this Jeongguk character and they even mentioned that he worked at a cafe near their high school. It always interested him that they were so caught up with a normal character who hated them so he had decided to go to the cafe and see Jeongguk himself. 

But what made this situation even more peculiar was the fact that Jin could have sworn that this was the boy he saw with the roots of his hair turning blue.