Chapter 34 : The Past

The woman gasps as she abruptly woke up from her slumber, putting the palm of her right hand to her forehead, feeling the sweat that was there as she she slowly take a deep breath to calm down her frantic heartbeat.

"No no no no no........." She muttered to herself in the darkness of her room as she covers her face with her palms, taking a deep breath again and exhaling after.

"My memories..........they're all clear now..........." she said as a tear slid down her cheeks.

"If I don't have a child............ then who is she to me..........." she whispered hoarsely to herself, her heart thumping wildly again as she started to remember the memories that are now, vivid and as clear as day.

*

"Luna dear, come here in the kitchen please" Lystra said as she heard Luna entered the house through the front door.

"I remembered everything"

"Oh? That's good news then" Luna said cheerfully as he beamed at Lystra not noticing the tense body language the woman is giving off.

"Luna.....please don't be mad at me.........."

"W-What? What are you talking about? W-Why would I be mad?" Luna stuttered as she have a bad feeling of what she's about to find out the more she asks.

"Luna......I'll tell you the story of my life from the start okay.........so you have to listen carefully" Lystra said as she closed her eyes , preparing herself to tell something that's bound to change their life forever.

"okay....go on.....I'll listen.." Luna smiled weakly because she knows what she's about to hear is going to change her fate.

"Okay.....so my life started like this. I came into this world through a woman's-"

"Skip that part!!!!! Start when things began to go wrong or something!!!"Luna said hurriedly stopping Lystra from saying things that *coughs* she would rather not hear.

"Oh...fine then,
I'm the second daughter to the Prime Minister of Savage Kingdom, which is in another far away country. I have 4 siblings including me,the middle child. 

[*Savage Kingdom will be explained in later chapters (0v0)]

I have a complete family, with a mother, a father figure and also, I have an elder brother, a younger sister and a younger brother too. Complete right?

 In my era, marriage proposals is like a normal thing to receive early on, so that the family can observe the behaviour of their future suitors whether they are worthy of their daughters or nah.

As a teenage girl, I've already received some proposals from men that suits my status quo. But one of the proposals is like a letter to hell. 

It's from the young Duke, Lijah Von Losselle.

I was not up for the wedding nor was my family. The Duke's achievements were astounding but the way he got those achievements, is the one you'd rather turn a blind eye to or else, you're bound to have killing intent towards him once you have a slightest glance at his direction. 

You can't fight him because you'll know that you'll die in an instant for he is the strongest in terms of fighting and strategy during the times, how can he become so strong in his teens? No one knows and I bet that those who knew never got the chance to tell the secret......

At that time, I thought that this proposal is just a mere joke of his and didn't think too much as I reject the proposal. I never know that his motto is "What Lijah wants, Lijah gets" (childish, I know)