~ 1 ~

13:30 pm

"Class dismissed", Professor Shen told his students. He had been working for 5 years at this university already, but he still loved every single moment he got to spend here. He erased his board and went to sit in his chair. He went through some files and pushed his glasses up.

"Knock, knock", Miss Zhang said while walking in with 2 mugs of coffee in her hands. Shen Wei smiled at her. "Here i brought some coffee for you", she said while extending her arm. Shen Wei accepted the mug. "Are you free tonight?", Miss Zhang asked. Shen Wei looked up at her, startled by the sudden question. "Uhm", he coughed "I'm having a dinner with my family, sorry". He smiled nervously.

He didn't have a dinner at all, but professor Shen really didn't want to go out with Mrs. Zhang. He liked her, but as a friend. Nothing more. "Oh", she simply said. She avoided looking at Shen Wei. He could feel the tension growing between them. "Well", she began "i guess i'll need to go then". She hurried out of the class room.

Shen Wei sighed. He hated turning people down. He always tried to be as nice and polite as possible. But this time he really wasn't in the mood to act like he was interested in another girl. Shen Wei has had only a hand full of relationships in his life. And most of them ended painfully. Since his last girlfriend left him for another guy, he decided to not get involved in relationships anymore. He just knew love wasn't made for him.

Lee Mina was her name. She was a Korean girl. She was on vacation in China and they met by accident. Shen Wei was running late for his train, so he ran, in order to catch it on time. But he didn't notice Mina standing there, so he ran into her. Causing her to fall. He helped her and apologised. He also insisted that they went out to get some food, to show how much he cared.

Since then they exchanged phone numbers and they talked everyday. So eventually Shen Wei fell in love with her. They became boyfriend and girlfriend. He was so in love with her. He was even thinking of proposing to her. But that entire dream of him collapsed when he found out Mina cheated on him. They had been dating for 2,5 years. And Mina cheated on him for 6 months.

Shen Wei was devastated and he isolated himself from any sort of contact. He was so hurt. He believed that it was destined to happen. Who would want to stay with him? Since then he decided to not get involved in any sort of romantic relationship. He simply didn't want to get hurt again.

Shen Wei put all of his paperwork in his bag, took his coffee, and walked to his car. He had a nice car, if he could say so himself. It was spacious, comfortable and overall it looked good. The white of the car always shined when the sun hit it. Shen Wei took out his keys and opened the car.

On his way home he put on the radio. The Truth Untold was playing. He loved that song. He could understand it, since Mina was Korean, he could also speak Korean. He sang the lyrics of the song, until he reached his house. He didn't live too far away from the university. About 10 minutes.

He parked his car and walked to his front door. He opened the door, took off his blazer and hung it over a chair. He kicked his shoes off. While turning on the tv, he went to the kitchen. Trying to look for some edible food. He found some instant noodles. Then he tried looking for some chopsticks, but was stopped when he heard a loud bang from his room.

He had a small apartment, so all the rooms were on the same level. He searched for a knife. He took the knife and walked towards his room. The closer he got, the darker the room seemed. In one smooth move was the door opened by him. He turned on the light to see that there was no one. He noticed one thing, the window was open. He put the knife on a nearby table and walked towards the window. He looked down. Again, no one. He sighed and closed the window.