"Attack!"

X followed close behind Maple. The little pin was skipping down the tunnel cheerfully. "Maple is much nicer than Four." X thought. But, his heart ached. He desperately wanted to be with Four. But, he was afraid. 

   When they finally arrived, X saw two shadow figures in a small room. He gasped. "W..What are those?" He asked, clinging onto Maple in fear. 

  "Those are my friends!" Maple told him. "Their names are, Silence and Darkness." "They won't hurt you." Maple assured X.

  X saw piles of berries in the corner of the room. "Did you gather all of this?" He asked Maple, astonished that someone that was so small could carry all of these berries.

  Maple nodded, and handed X some fresh water. X was still a bit dazed from his fall, but he was recovering smoothly. He drank the water, then picked out some berries to eat.

   Silence rolled his eyes. "Are we just going to live with this guy from now on, Maple?" He asked with a growl. 

   "If he wants to." Maple assured him. She turned to X. "Do you want to stay with us?" Her voice was almost pleading.  

 X nodded. "For a little while." He answered. Silence and Darkness shook their heads in disappointment. "Now, we have to share our food with this guy!" Darkness whispered to his brother.

  X heard a faint howl in the distance, but he ignored it, and continued chatting with Maple. "Do you sleep here?" He asked. 

  "Of course!" Maple answered, cheerfully. "Do you expect us to sleep outside?" She teased. 

  X laughed. He loved it here with Maple. But, he felt as if his heart was cracked. He wasn't complete without Four. But, X shook the thought away. 'If I go back, I will have to see Four hurting those contestants." He thought, trying not to think about his old friend.

   A few hours pass, and he tunnel began to get darker. "It's time to sleep!" Maple announced. Silence and Darkness curled up. X started to lie down in another corner. 

  "Goodnight, Silence." Maple stroked the shadow figure's head. Then, she moved on to Darkness. "Goodnight, X." She whispered, before falling asleep.

  X woke up to loud howling. He looked over to the place where Maple was sleeping. She was shaking and twitching in her sleep. Then, she woke up immediately. "I can sense wolves!" She screamed at X. 

  As soon as she finished speaking, three large wolves faced them.  Their snarls and growls echoed through the tunnel. Maple shuddered in fear. 

  "I'll distract them, X!" Maple cried. "Run!" X hesitated for a moment, then bolted toward one of the tunnel exits. He scrambled to the surface, and sprinted behind a large rock. He hid there, shivering. for what seemed like hours. 

  Then, he heard a high-pitched scream that came from the tunnel. "Maple!" X exclaimed, running into the tunnel, as the wolves sprinted past him, toward the exit. 

   X slowly peaked his head into the room. Then, he saw Maple lying on the ground with her eyes open, and half of her point snapped off. 

  "M..Maple..." X stuttered. Her breathing was fine. X sighed with relief, as he helped her up. "My point hurts." Maple told him, weakly. She touched the place where most of her point once was, and pulled her hand back, startled. 

  'I want to see myself, X." She told him. X walked over to the jars of fresh water, and shattered one. He handed Maple a glass shard. 

  She looked at herself, and let out a terrified gasp. "I look awful, X!" She cried, slamming the glass shard to the ground. "I'm ruined!" Tears rolled down her face.  

  X's eyes gleamed with sadness. "What have the wolves done?" He thought, walking over to Maple.