The Search Is On!

Four was pacing at the edge of the forest. "Where could X have gone?" He asked himself. 'I never meant to scare him!" 

     "Maybe, I should ask those contestants for help." Four mumbled to himself, not really liking the idea. He started walking toward the apartment buildings that the contestants lived in, when a piece of paper fluttered toward him.

  Four caught it before it could fly away from him. Then, he unfolded the paper and read the note.

       Dear, Four

    It has come to my attention that your co-host, X has gone missing. You might not believe this, but I know where  X has run off to. I will tell you where he has gone if you do me a small favor. 

                                                                                                    Sincerely,

                                                                                              Peppermint

   Four stared at the note. He was confused. What favor? Where are they supposed to meet him? Who is Peppermint?

   These questions tumbled around in Four's head. "I'll do any favor to find X." He decided. "It doesn't matter what Peppermint wants, because I will do it anyway."

 Four started walking toward the apartment building that "The Losers" lived in. He knocked on Eggy's door first. Eggy came out, along with Clock. "What do you want, Four?" Eggy asked him, sounding slightly agitated. 

  Four showed them the note. "Who is Peppermint?" Clock asked. "I don't know, either." Four told them. "Maybe, you should ask Pin and Coiny about that." Eggy suggested. "Yeah," Clock added. "They probably mentioned a Peppermint in all of their blabbing about their "great journey." 

  "Thanks for the help, though." Four sighed. He closed the door, and walked past Needle's empty room, toward Pin and Coiny's room.  He had to knock on the door five times, because neither one of them would answer. 

  Then, Coiny finally opened the door, looking angrier than Eggy was. "Stop knocking so loud, Four," "Pin is trying to sleep!" Four hung his head guiltily. 

 He showed Coiny the note. Coiny froze, taking a few steps backward. "What is it?" Four asked, staring into Coiny's frightened face. 

  "You shouldn't trust him." Coiny finally replied, shaking. Coiny slammed the door on Four. 

   Four was confused, but he would still trust Peppermint, because he really wanted X to be by his side again.