Forever Lost

Four yawned, getting up from his bed, and turning his alarm off. His eyes were still droopy, but he had promised Tennis Ball that he would help look for Golf Ball today. Four walked slowly into the kitchen where X was waiting, a huge grin covering his face. 

On the table, there were two plates of french toast. "Did you make us breakfast?" Four asked X, surprised that the little variable could make breakfast by himself. 

X gave a little nod. "So, when are we helping TB?" He asked, stuffing his face with french toast. "After breakfast." Four answered, nodding to X.

"Did you look for me when I was gone?" X asked Four. Four wondered in that moment if he should even tell X about Peppermint. 

"I tried, but I just couldn't find you." Four decided to say. X seemed to understand. "I had a good time with Maple, anyway." X told him.

Four narrowed his eyes. "Who exactly is this, Maple?" He asked, slightly suspicious. 

"Maple is Pin's daughter, the one who let me stay in her home for a while." X explained, getting up from the table to throw his and Four's dishes into the sink. 

"So, where is her home?" Four asked, suddenly becoming curious. 

"She lives in an underground tunnel in the forest." X said cheerfully. Four's eyes widened. Peppermint's chilling words echoed in his mind. 

He remembered the red and white object brushing rabbit blood off of his hands, and saying, "Leading those wolves into the tunnel was hard work.."  

Four eyes widened in horror even more. X really could have been killed because of him..

He tried to stop himself from trembling in case X noticed, or asked any questions. "Let's go help Tennis Ball now." He suggested, trying to take his mind off of Peppermint. 

"Yay!" X exclaimed, jumping into the air like an excited puppy. "He's so adorable." Four thought, as held the door open for X. 

Tennis Ball was waiting near the apartment building for them. Coiny was beside him, his eyes narrowing as Four walked over. 

"So, did Peppermint ever tell you anything?" Coiny asked with a sarcastic tone, pulling Four closer. "Of course he did." Four grumbled, forcefully shoving the coin away. 

"Just making sure." Coiny shrugged. The object didn't sound entirely convinced that Peppermint had told Four anything useful. 

"Are we going to find GB, or are we just going to stand around?" Tennis Ball asked, impatience and nervousness filling his voice.  

"Of course, we'll find GB!" X bounced, trying to reassure Tennis Ball. TB kept frowning, he whispered something to Coiny as the group walked through the town. 

They had asked random contestants if they had seen Golf Ball. 

"Sorry, I haven't." Pen told them, shutting the door to his house. Tennis Ball sighed. "That was everyone." He whispered. "Pen was our last hope."

Four felt the feeling of pity for Tennis Ball again,but he pushed it down. "We could try looking for clues ourselves." Coiny suggested. 

TB sighed. "I guess." He mumbled, walking with his head down toward the outskirts of town. 

"Look!" X called out from the front of the group. He was pointing to a green necklace with a strange snowflake design as it's pendant. "That's GB's..." Tennis Ball breathed, clutching the necklace with his foot, tears falling from his eyes. 

He sobbed, as the other objects crowded around him. "She's gone..." He cried louder. "I'll never see her again..."

(henlo peeps, sorry to interrupt an emotional moment, but I have come here to tell you that this story will end soon. Sorry if you like it, but I really want to work on other things. There will be a few more chapters before it ends, but I just wanted you guys to not be disappointed when it ends up being really short. uwu)