E01P02

It's 2:10 AM and a woman is wide awake in her bed. She's staring into nothing, looking insane and she keeps turning. Her room suddenly looked lonely and Lisa wonders if that loneliness will stay for a long time.

"Why can't I fall asleep?" Lisa wonders then turns in her bed again.

-----

At the Manoban building the next morning, Irene is applying her lipstick in front of her small mirror on her cubicle when Wendy comes up to their department and looks around.

"What's the fuss now?" Irene says as she keeps perfecting her application of red lipstick.

Wendy walks towards her co-workers, "Well, I just heard a shocking news."

The other two people in the room, Dahyun and Nayeon looks at Wendy with curiousity. "What is this Amazing News?" Irene says with a mock in her voice. "I'm sure it's a false rumor again." she adds.

"Unnie, it's real this time!" Wendy says as she breathes out an air, "Only those who can take it should gather around."

Dahyun and Nayeon looked at each other, then at Irene, before standing up from their respective chairs and walks nearer to Wendy. Irene, who's sitting beside a standing Wendy, stood up and scoots closer to the group.

"Hurry up!"

"I can't take this suspense."

Wendy fake coughs before speaking, "You know, Ms. Kim-"

Nayeon gasp, "What about Ms. Kim?!"

Wendy looked around her colleagues then continues, "Ms. Kim..." she stops for the suspense, "...is quitting!"

Everyone opens their mouths then goes back to their workstation. 

Dahyun fake claps out of mockery. Wendy, who's offended, says, "What's this? You guys don't believe me?"

Nayeon chuckles, "Of course we don't believe you, I mean, why would Ms. Kim resign?"

"Ms. Manoban cherishes her. Why would she quit? That's nonsense." Irene adds.

Wendy was about to say more when the subject of the conversation suddenly walks in and announced, "It makes sense."

WIth a smile on her face, Secretary Kim says, "I am really quitting."

Everyone stood up again, "Really?" Dahyun asks.

"Are you really quitting?"

Secretary Kim smiles at them, "Yes. It turned out like that."

Wendy looks at her colleagues, "See? I was right" she says but then turns to Jennie, "But isn't it too sudden?" 

Dahyun inches closer, "Are you getting married?" Nayeon gasps. "Or are you getting another job? or are you going to study abroad?" Dahyun adds.

Jennie smiles then shook her head, "None of that."

Wendy steps closer to Jennie, then whispers, "Then is it because of Ms. Manoban's bad behavior?" 

Jennie raises her hand, "It's not that either."

Nayeon, who's gotten more confuses, says, "Then why?"

Jennie smiles at them, "It's just for a personal reason." Then she looks at her co-workers shocked and bewildered faces.

"Ms. Manoban is coming." A voice abruptly announced. Everyone turned their heads to driver Seulgi who's standing at the entryway, holding the door open for the vice chairman.