EP02P03

A woman with suitcase walks in the dark.

Her house clicking on the pavement as she walks.

The house.

It was so dark.

There's spider webs.

An abandoned stuffed toy.

The woman, now standing in front of the door. Her back facing a young girl.

She turns, her lips covered in red paint.

"Child" she calls out to the girl with grim smile on her face.

Lisa opened her eyes, her heart beating eratically. Her whole body covered in sweat and her face wet from her own tears.

Lisa breathes slowly as she stares helplessly on her bedroom's ceiling. Her phone vibrates and she immediately grabs it as distraction.

You must be sleeping now even though I'm suffering like this. Says the sender: Park Jimin.

-----

In the morning, Lisa takes a broody shower, still shaken by her nightmare and the midnight text.

She just grab a plain tie and did it on her own, which reminds her of the first time her secretary tied it for her, back on that trip to the U.S. nine years ago.

It was after Lisa and Jennie reconciled after their fight. The morning on that day, her secretary shyly approached her.

"Ma'am." Lisa turns, taken by surprise.

"May I..." then Jennie pointed her hands on the vice chairman's necktie.

"You want to tie this for me?" Lisa asked, with her hands still on the tie.

Jennie nods then walked towards her boss.

Lisa, who's dazed, felt Jennie's hands on her own. The vice chairman let go of the tie and watched her secretary. Lisa seemed to feel every bit of the closeness such an innocent act can create.

In the present, Lisa tosses away her tie and goes without wearing one.

-----

Jennie obssesses about her boss' last text, wondering what it means.

"One is her brother and the other one is me? What does that mean?"

"Good morning Ms. Kim, here's the progess reports." Wendy says as she lays a folder on top of Jennie's desks.

"Thank you- Oh! Ms. Wendy!"

"Yes?"

"You've been with the company for quite a while right?"

"Yes, about 11 years"

"Then have you ever met Ms. Manoban's older brother?"

"No. I've never met him but I heard that he lives abroad."

"Does Ms. Manoban's family have any problems? Do you know anything?" Jennie asks, a hint of hopefulness in her tone.

Wendy laughs, "How would I know something that even you don't know? But! It is a little strange isn't it? He's not involved in the business even though he's the eldest son."

Jennie nods in realization.

-----

Nayeon holds up her phone as she shows Dahyun and Irene a video.