EP03P02

"Hardworking Cow, guard my house well." Jennie smiles and pinches the stuffed toy.

She was about to stand up from the bed when she noticed that the cow is wearing a cute yellow bag.

Jennie opens it and surprised to find a box sealed with a pink ribbon. She removes the fabric then opens the box just to close it again in shock.

The secretary eyes the cow and mutters to herself, "What's this?"

-----

The vice chairman arrives at the department and Jennie stood up from her desk then bows in acknowledgement.

When Lisa entered her office, Jennie immediately shuffles in her bag and grabs the box. She bit her lip and took courage before entering the vice chairman's office.

"Ms. Manoban, I want to ask you about something" then the secretary shows the box, "I found this in the Hardworking Cow's bag."

"Yes, you must have because I put it in there."

"Is this mine?" Jennie asks with doubt.

Lisa scoffs, "You think it's Hardworking Cow's then?"

Jennie refrains from eye contact, "But I didn't write anything about a necklace in the survey."

Lisa breathes and then gave her secretary a teasing smirk, "I always go beyond people's expectation."

Jennie exhales.

The vice chairman observes this, "Why? Am I too cool for you to handle?"

"Your tie is crooked."

Lisa greeted her teeth through her smile, "I see" she says then internally facepalms.

Jennie sets the box on the table before fixing Lisa's necktie. Lisa inhales sharply while she looks at Jennie in close proximity.

Jennie, who just in time looked up at Lisa, suddenly felt her heart beats erratically. She remembers the moment during the previous night wherein Lisa was about to give her a kiss and how Jennie felt a sudden pull.

Jennie pulls and takes a step backward away from her boss, "I'll go outside then."

"Ms. Kim."

"Yes?"

Lisa points at the box on the table and Jennie instantly takes it then walks out the office.

She fans herself using her own hands the moment she sat down on her respective chair.

The secretary opens the box and pursed her lips to stop herself from smiling wide. She grabs the necklace from the box and puts it around her neck.

From the other side of the door, the vice chairman (who's pretending to read a book) steals a glance at the glass and watches her secretary wears the necklace.

Lisa smiles satisfyingly when Jennie caught her boss looking at her. Lisa shifted in her seat and brought her attention back to the book before subtlely bring her glance again to Jennie.

-----

"Chaeyoung-"

"Why did you ignore my text?"

"Oh, right"

"Don't tell me you forgot about your blind date too."

"No, I didn't."

"Ok good! Good luck Jennie! Buy me a bag if you guys end up getting married" Son Chaeyoung teased through the phone.