E02P02

Inside the snack room, Irene found Yeri struggling to use the fancy coffeemaker provided by the company. She watched the new junior for some more before deciding to help.

Irine patiently shows Yeri how it works. "You're so charismatic." Yeri teased.

Irene basks in Yeri's blatant adoration. She teaches Yeri stey-by-step and and the younger woman listens carefully to her until Yeri receives a phone call from Jennie.

"Ms. Kim wants to see me", shares Yeri.

"Please do the rest for me"

"Okay, don't worry" says Irene and then Yeri walks back to her shared desk with Jennie.

Irene then prepares four cups of coffee and when she's done, she realized that Yeri played her. "Aish, that kid!" Irene complaints.

-----

"Omo! We're having team dinner today?" Nayeon asks. Jennie nods and says it's to welcome Yeri since the vice chairman's meeting was canceled.

"We haven't had it for a while." Jennie says.

Wendy protests, "The vice chairman called you at any time. That's why you were always so busy. Is it really okay today?"

Jennie nods with a smile on her face, "Yes. Ms. Manoban's evening schedule got canceled today."

Everyone gets excited about the plan. Irene mentions that they should come back to their favorite place.

"Now that you mention it, I suddenly craves for meat" Nayeon shares, "They bring in black pork raised in Jeju Island and marinate it in sweet soy sauce for a day. They grill the meat with charcoal, then we take lettuce, sesame leaf and two pieces of the meat and have them with garlic and ssamjang at once."

The whole department squeals in excitement. "How about we go to the pork galbi place in the intersection?" Dahyun asks.

Everyone agrees thinking about their favorite restaurant but their boisterous celebration is cut short by Lisa's sour face in the hall.

Everyone stood up in surprise and bows down in respect then sighs because of the embarrassment of getting caught by their own boss. 

-----

At dinner that evening, the whole coffeemaker scenario between Irene and Yeri plays out again, only this time over what Irene sees is Yeri's incompetence at cutting the meat.

Irene grabs the tongs and says to Yeri, "You shouldn't cut it this big."

Yeri apologizes but still struggles at the task. Frustrated, Irene grabs the scissors from the new secretary.

"Look. Cut it like this. Cut it in an edible size of 3cm by 3cm like this."

Irene gets so into her preening that she doesn't notice when Ji-ah Yeri gets a call, leaving Irene to serve everyone alone.

"That kid!"

When Yeri came back, Dahyun proposes for everyone for 'cheers'. Everyone does so, however, Nayeon noticed that her glass is broken so she stood up to replace it. Unfortunately though, she flags down a tongs, knocking a glass of beer into Irene's lap. Jennie stands to help but rips her stocking in the process.

Due to that event, everyone wonders if the accident is a sign of something ominous.

Sure enough, Lisa walks in, with an entrance worthy of a movie villain.

The entire team bolts to their feet when they see their vice chairman, looking terrified.

"What brings you here Ms. Manoban?" Jennie asks, half polite, half annoyed.