Secrets

Shayne:

"What do you think you're doing??" Olivia whisper yells.

"Uh showing up to work?" I say confused.

"What about that?" She says pointing to my hickey.

"You didn't think to cover that up??" She asks.

"I didn't even notice it until she brought it up!" I say in defense.

She's about to speak again when someone jiggles the door handle. I instinctively grab her and put my hand over her mouth. I let go of her mouth after she gives me a bewildered look and tell her to shh with my finger. That's when I notice how close we are. Mere inches apart from each other's face. I can smell her lovely perfume and see her lipstick. There it was, that feeling again from earlier. For some reason being this close to her made my insides tingle. The person puts their head against the glass door and tries to look inside but the glass is too blurry. They finally give up and walk away. We stay silent before Olivia taps me on the shoulder.

"Um you can let me go now Shayne" she says.

I didn't realize I was still holding her and let her go.

"..Sorry" I say and scratch the back of my neck.

"...... anyways, we need to do better at covering this up" Olivia says.

"I suppose so" I say agreeing.

"Do I have any hickeys?" She asked.

"Not that I can see, but you can always blame it on James" I say.

".......... Yeah" she says shifting her feet.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Yeah, remember to not tell anyone" she says again.

"Don't worry, it's just between us" I say.

"Well I uh better get back to the squad before they suspect something" She says.

"Alright... See ya" I say.

She goes to the door and unlocks it. She glances out of the room and make sure nobody is there. Before she leaves she turns around. "Thank you" she mouths to me. She turns back around and exits the room quietly. I stay in the room for a bit to make sure nobody knows we we're together before leaving. On the way out I bump into Courtney.

"Hey Shayne" She says.

"Hey" I say and start to walk away.

"Wait, what were you doing in there? That's Ian's office" she says.

"Oh I uh was just looking for him" I lie.

"Oh ok" she says and walks away.

I'm going to have to get better at this lying thing I think to myself.