Surprise

Olivia:

I was sitting down scrolling through Twitter waiting for Shayne to arrive when Ian walked into the squad room. He had Damien standing next to him.

"Hey guys, you all know Damien.., he'll be taking Shayne's place in the squad for now" He said before walking out.

Everyone said hi and began to chat with Damien confused about what was happening. I followed after Ian confused.

"Ian?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He said turning around.

"Why is Damien replacing Shayne?" I asked.

"He didn't tell you?" Ian said.

"Tell me what?" I asked confused.

"Shayne quit yesterday" He said.

"He what?!? Why would he do that?" I say bewildered.

"You should ask him, it's not my place to tell people's personal business" He said and walked away.

I went back into the squad room and grabbed my purse and keys.

"Olivia where are you going?" Keith asked.

"Yeah we gotta shoot a vlog today" Courtney said.

"I have to go see someone about something" I said not stopping.

I went to the parking lot and hopped in my car. I drove straight to his apartment. I knocked at least three times on his door. Finally he answered.

"Olivia?" He said opening the door.

I didn't even respond, I just pushed past him into his apartment.

"Olivia what are you doing here?" He asked.

"The real question is what are you doing here?" I snapped at him.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

"No, yes, no I mean yes" I said still mad.

"Huh? You're not making sense" He said shutting the door.

"Why did you quit!" I yell at him.

"Olivia, I don't think-" He starts to say

"Just tell me the truth Shayne, why did you quit!" I say staring at him.

He stayed quiet for a moment before responding.

"I did it for you" He said.

"What?" I reply.

"I didn't want to break your heart" Shayne says.

"How would you break my heart?" I ask.

".... Ian said that I had to break up with you or that he would fire you" He admitted.

"What?" I say again.

"I couldn't break up with you and I couldn't bear for you to lose your job because of me" He said looking away.

"Is that? Is that true?" I asked my voice shaky.

"Yeah.." He said

I put my purse down on the couch and walk up to him. I'm centimeters away from his face.

"I can't believe you did that for me" I said.

"I would do anything for you Olivia" Shayne said staring into my eyes.

I leaned in and connected our lips together. Our mouths moved in sync and then fought for dominance. He pulled away before it got too heated.

"I don't want you to get in trouble for missing work because of me" He said guiltily.

"So? I don't care" I said grabbing his hand.

"Olivia if you love me you won't let me ruin this for you" He said.

"Shayne-" I start to say as he opens his door.

"Please don't make this harder than it is" He said with his eyes glossy.

I pick up my purse and walk towards the door. I give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll find a way to get you back at work Shayne" I said tearing up.

"I know you will" He said smiling.

"I'll see you tonight?" I said hopeful.

"Of course" He says.

"I love you" I say.

"I love you" He said and shut the door with me on the other side.

I walked back to my car filled with grief about the situation. I couldn't believe Shayne had quit just to save our relationship and my job. As I got in my car and drove back to work I started thinking of how I could get Shayne's job back. I wasn't going to let this happen.