Apart

Shayne:

When Olivia said that we weren't even together it hurt my core. I don't know why but those words made my heart ache all of a sudden. They were true but at the same time they felt untrue. Like our relationship, it felt like something was there but something wasn't. I was sitting in the break room sulking when Keith came up to me.

"Dang dude you alright?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine" I lie.

"C'mon man, you over here sulking, tell the truth" he says.

"I don't know, I guess I had this thing with this girl and I thought it was something but she said it was nothing" I say.

"Naw I ain't going to let her do my homie like that, what's her name?" Keith says.

"That's not important" I say chuckling.

"I just don't know how to tell her I want something more, ya know?" I say.

"That's what you have to do" Kieth says.

"Huh?" I say confused.

"Just tell her you want something more" he says.

"It's that simple?" I ask.

"It's that simple" he replies.

"Thanks man" I say.

"No problem" he says.

"Now let's go get you cheered up, you coming to the bar with me and Courtney" he says.

"I don't think I'm up for it" I resist.

"Oh come on man, don't back out on us" he says.

"I don't know I'm kinda busy" I say.

"Shayne, you're literally just sitting here sulking" he counters.

"Is anyone else coming?" I ask.

"Nope just us two" He says

"Fine, I guess I'll go" I say.

"Great! Let me go get Courtney and we'll get going" he says walking off.

After some time he walks back with Courtney to come get me. We all walk down to the parking lot and squeeze into Courtney's car. I hope tonight will just be a quiet one. Little did I know, tonight would be very eventful.