Truth

Shayne:

I watched as Olivia drove off. Courtney and Keith were bombarding me with questions. I just stood there in shock. Olivia laid it all out on the table for me and then just left. I don't even know what to think. My brain is trying to process everything that just happened.

"Shayne!" I finally hear Courtney say.

I turn around and see her with her hands on her hips. Keith is also staring at me.

"What?" I say.

"What just happened?" She says.

"I don't know" I say which is technically true.

"That's unacceptable" She says.

"What?" I say confused.

"You have to know what just happened, just tell us Shayne" Courtney tries to persuade me to talk.

"I'm not really sure" I reply.

"Shayne-" She starts to say.

"Court I think I know what happened, I'll tell you later" Keith says.

"If Shayne doesn't want to talk about it we can't make him" Keith says.

I silently thank him.

"Hmph" Courtney grunts.

We all walk to her car in silence. Silence also fills the car ride home. Courtney drops me off at my apartment and I say goodbye. I walk inside and collapsed on the couch. I looked at my watch and wasn't suprised to see that it was 2 in the morning. I layed there on the couch trying to process what happened at the bar again. Olivia said she loved me. She loves me, I repeat to myself. Do I love her? I ask myself. I ponder that question. I finally surmise that I do in fact love Olivia. That shouldn't be a question I need to ask myself. I love Olivia, I repeat to myself. What am I doing? I need to act on this. I get off of my couch and grab my car keys. I leave my apartment and get in my car and start driving. I drive for an hour before I get there. I get out of the car and walk up to the door. I knock on the door. After some time the door slowly opened.

"Shayne?" Olivia said while rubbing her tired eyes.