Circumstances

Olivia:

I walk into the building with Courtney while she is telling me some joke. I'm carrying the water bottles for lunch when I see him. Shayne had in hands in this girls palms. I drop one of the water bottles.

"You alright?" Courtney asks looking at me

"Yeah, it just slipped, that's all" I say and continue walking.

"Hey guys" Shayne tries to say to us.

I ignore him and keep walking with Courtney following shortly after. I set the water bottles down on the kitchen counter and go to the office and sit at my desk. Courtney comes over completely oblivious that I'm not in the mood.

"Who do you think that was?" She asks.

"Who?" I say.

"The girl Shayne was talking to" She says.

"I don't know" I say and look away.

"Hm" She says and grabs some of the food and a water.

Courtney walks to her desk with her food. Noah and Keith come in and do the same thing with their food. Shayne comes in shortly after with this mysterious girl.

"Hey guys this Victoria" He says motioning to her.

Victoria is slightly shorter than  Shayne and has brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She goes over and says hi to everyone including me.

"Hi" Victoria says waving.

"I offered to let her eat lunch with me before she goes" Shayne says.

"Cool" Everyone says and goes back to eating.

Shayne and Victoria grab food and sit at his desk. His desk is right next to mine since he moved it last week. After some time, for some reason this "Victoria" girl decides to talk to me.

"So how is it like working with Shayne?" She asks.

"We do a lot more than work together" I say.

Shayne chokes on a bite of food.

"Oh, what else do you guys do?" Victoria asks.

"We all hang out together and have fun outside of work, it's good to have relationships with coworkers" I say.

Shayne wiped his forehead and agrees.

"So how do you two know each other?" I ask.

"Well uh thats a funny story, I'm his ex girlfriend" she says uneasy.

"Oh, I wouldn't think exes would be so friendly" I say.

"That's true, I guess I just didn't like that we ended on a negative note, so I came here to see if we could still be friends" She says.

"That's nice" I mutter.

"Don't worry I'll be out of you guys hair soon" she says innocently laughing.

We all continue to eat and hang out before everyone finishes. Victoria says goodbye and Shayne walks her out. Keith and Courtney go to film a video for the 2nd channel while Noah goes home early. After a while Shayne comes back in the room.

"Hey" He says smiling.

I just ignore him and continue browsing Instagram.

"Olivia?" He says.

I ignore him again.

"Olivia? Seriously?" He says a little louder.

"Seriously Shayne? What were you doing with your ex?" I say angry.

"She suprised me" he says in defense.

"Mhm sure" I say.

"She wanted to mend things and be friends again" Shayne says.

"Shayne I don't care" I say.

"Then why are you ignoring me?" He asks.

"It doesn't even matter, I mean we're not even together" I say and instantly regret it.

"Yeah we're not even together, so I guess it doesn't matter" he says hurt and walks away.

I'm just left in the office all by myself. I'm sitting in my chair stewing in my feelings. Why did I care about his ex? Why did I regret saying we weren't together? Why did I even say that?