A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 41 - Back to the Way it Was

Chapter 41 - Back to the Way it Was

After the interrogations and the rebuilding of the guild, everyone was free to relax.

Daniel found an apartment that came to his liking. He is currently living there.

I stayed home, read a book, wrote more chapters for my novel that I haven't been working on, and wrote some songs. It was a little bit hard to forget the fact that my family is gone. But, just realizing how the situation made me strong, just makes me smile. I know that everyone is very proud of me, for standing up for them. 

*sigh* What a long five months this has been...

A knock was heard at the door. I yelled, "Come in!", as Gray, Natsu, Happy, Lucy, Aurelie and Erza walked in.

"Hey, Melanie! Would you like to go on a job with us?", Natsu asked with a smile.

I smiled, "Sure!"

"Great!", Natsu replied as he placed his fist in the air, "this is going to be so much fun!"

"AYE!", Happy cheered after Natsu.

I got off of my chair, put on my shoes, and looked at everyone with a confident nod, "Let's go!"

We left my apartment and went in the direction of the client's location.

"So, what is our job?", I asked.

Lucy held showed the request paper, "We have to remove 20 monsters that are surrounding a nearby town called Luxenburg. The reward is 400,000 jewels!" She looked at me, "Would you like to share the award?"

"Sure!", I replied. I looked everyone, "Great job you picked, guys!"

"We thought it would you and Lucy with your rent," Erza said with a smile.

"Well, thanks a lot!", I said with a smile.

"No problem at all!"

We all continued to walk to the location. It took us about 1 hour, so it wasn't that bad of a walk.

And of course, Lucy was in Horologium, again...

I sweatdropped, "We already here, Lucy. You don't have to travel in Horologium anymore."

"But...my feet hurt...", Lucy whined as she trembled inside Horologium.

I sighed and giggled, "Oh..Lucy. You never change."

"We're here," Erza said as we all looked at the little town in front of us.

As we walked towards the town, we saw all the monsters, walking around the town.

Erza got her sword out and started to make commands, quietly, "Natsu, Lucy, Happy. We will take the right side. Gray, Melanie, Aurelie. You will take the left side. We are going to take out these monsters the best we can. Ready, guys?"

"Ready!", everyone replied, quietly. 

"Alright. Let's go!", Erza yelled as everyone went to their assigned sides.

WITH NATSU, LUCY, HAPPY, AND ERZA...

They all attacked the ten monsters that were in front of them.

Happy carried Natsu to the sky, "Go, Natsu!"

"Okay!"

Happy let him go, making him fall towards a monster.

Natsu: Fire Dragon's Roar! Iron Fist! Wing Attack!

The monster was attacked and immediately disintergrated.