A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 63 - The 24-Hour Endurance Road Race!

Chapter 63 - The 24-Hour Endurance Road Race!

Everyone in Magnolia gathered today to watch this year's Fairy Tail 24-Hour Endurance Road Race!

"Hi! Hi! Hi! I am Jason from Weekly Sorcerer and I will be the host of the race!", a lively man with blond hair said.

IN FRONT OF THE CROWD...

We got ourselves ready to run. I stretched and shook my legs and arms.

"Are you ready, Melanie?", Lucy asked.

"Yep! Ready!", I said with excitement. "I love to run!"

"Eh?", a voice said.

We reacted with surprise as Gray walked next to me. "Aren't you being a little too positive?"

I looked at him with a confused look, "What's wrong with being positive?"

"It's too.....you.."

I stood in front of him, "Are you trying to pick a fight with me right now?"

"What? You got a problem with that?", Gray argued as he stood in front of me.

"It's fine with me. You're on. I will win and after I win, I will tell you I told you so," I replied without hesitation.

--

We looked at each other with angry eyes as Jason noticed. "Oh! Would you look at that?! Fairy Tail's cute couple are having an argument! Ooh! I can't wait to see them in action!"

"Hmph!" We turned away. When we turned away, I looked at him and he looked at me. We both made a smirk and walked away.

"Man, I hope I don't get the punishment again like last year," Gajeel said to Natsu.

"Yeah. That was embarrassing. Taking those photos for Weekly Sorcerer," Natsu said as both of them shivered with fear.

--

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! LISTEN UP!", Master yelled.

Everyone caught his attention.

"The rules are simple. Run towards Mt. Ivor. There, you will find Wyvern scales. Take one and then run back towads the finish line. NO FLYING! OTHER TYPES OF MAGIC ARE ALLOWED! Your race time is 24 hours. If you are not here by tomorrow, YOU WILL RECIEVE PUNISHMENT!"

Everyone shivered in fear.

"Alright then. Go to your place!"

--

"Happy!"

Happy reacted with surprise and looked at Jet.

"I am not going to lose to you this time!", Jet said with a wink.

"Jet?", I said in question.

"Yep. That's Jet. He has won this race many times. But last year, an accident happened and he lost to Happy," Levy explained.

"What happened? What was the accident?"

"Umm..when everyone crosed the finish line, Jet, Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel were left behind. So, in order not to face punishment, they crossd the line together and they all recieved punishment," she sweatdropped.

"Oh. That's why," I sweatdropped as well.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE!!! ON YOUR MARKS!"

"Time to go! Good luck!"

"Same to you!"

I walked in front of the crowd and got into a start position, next to Gray and Erza.