CHAPTER 8: The Cabins

ZANE

I couldn't believe my ex came here when I CLEARLY told her last time I saw her (which was a year ago) to stay away from me but like always, she didn't listen and still found the nerve to come and at the worse time too. 

On the other hand, I have Midnight next to me now and just as I was leaning in to try and kiss her, my stupid sister and Kobey came running inside.

Me and Midnight both pushed away from each other real quick as they walked up to us.

"Hey." Stella says.

"Hey." I force a smile and reply through gritted teeth, sarcastically. "Perfect timing."

"What?" She asks not knowing what she just interrupted.

"Where the hell were you guys?" I asked.

"Do you really wanna know?" She smirked and cocked an eyebrow.

"Ugh. No." I tell her as I hold up my hand about to throw up.

"Okay then. Anyways, Kobey and I had the best idea. Why don't we finish the training back at the old cabins?" Stella suggests.

"What? No, we do that later, towards the end." I remind her.

"I know I know but come on. Don't you think we should change it up a bit? Besides, these teens can help us with some of the building stuff and we can clean it up at the same time." She says excited.

"What are the cabins?" I asked.

"They're in the woods, a couple of hours away from here and we normally take the students there towards the end to see what they've learned and to put them also in a more realistic environment to finish the training." I tell her.

"Oh." I replied.

"Yeah, but we are not supposed to be leaving until next month." I say while looking at Stella who just rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. We're going. In fact, we'll leave tomorrow." Stella says.

"And you've agreed to this I'm assuming?" I asked Kobey as I looked at him with hopes of him backing me up.

"I think it's a good idea Alpha. I mean, we could use the extra help with bringing the place back to life, update a few things and get it to looking like it was when we were kids. We especially are gonna need the help since you've got most of the guys out surrounding..." he stops as soon as I give him a 'shut the hell up' look.

"What?" Stella asks looking back and forth at me and him.

"Nothing." I lie.

She looks at me as though she doesn't believe me but luckily doesn't push me for an answer, at least for now.

"Alright. Well, we'll tell everyone to go pack and we'll head out tomorrow." I agreed.

"Yay!" Stella replies in excitement.

She quickly ran into the living room and rounded up everyone to tell them to pack and that we were leaving tomorrow for the cabins. I heard everyone scream and yell in excitement.

I looked over at Midnight and we both just smiled at each other.

*****************************************

The Next Morning

Everyone was awake and we all got in our cars and headed off towards the cabins.

I loved going there as a kid and is why I included them into the end of the training part. That way it was a treat in a way for the students for surviving the intense couple months of training. And although at first, I thought it was too soon to go there, I finally thought about it more I realized it was a good idea after all. Especially since we shouldn't be here at the house anyways, just in case.

Nobody but me, Kobey and a couple Delta's know about the serious issue we have going on at the moment with a longtime enemy that has been trying to kill off me and my pack for years. That's why I have asked most of them to go and try to find out what they can about them.

The cabins are one of the many secret places we can go to hide out at if ever we need to and unless I'm told otherwise, this actually won't be a bad idea in going this early in the training. Also, Stella's right, we really could use the help in fixing the place up a little.

Throughout most of the ride there, Midnight was sleeping.

Once we arrived, it was late in the afternoon and everyone seemed really excited as the students had all jumped out of their cars screaming with excitement and looking around.

I swear, even though their ages range from sixteen to twenty, they make me think about what it might be like if I had kids, by the way they're acting.

After everyone chose their cabins with still, girls with girls and guys with guys, there were two big ones left. One that's mine and Kobey's while the other is for Stella and Midnight.

So we all headed to our cabins to unpack and settle in before meeting up for a campfire in an hour to go over what all we'll be doing. Which is always funny when I do that part cause it makes me think about a kids camp or something.

I would've offered for Midnight to stay with me since we are mates but, we haven't gone out yet and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact I have a mate. Plus I haven't marked her yet. And I know we were about to kiss but.....My thoughts get interrupted from a knock on the door.

I walk over to open the door and my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach while I swallow a big gulp.

"Midnight?" I asked surprised and yet, very pleased. Especially my wolf.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)