CHAPTER 19: The Castle In England

MIDNIGHT

When I saw Zane passed out after my father had just attacked him, my wolf immediately ran to his side. I tried to nudge him with my nose to wake him up but he didn't. Kobey and a couple of others helped carry him back towards the cabins where once we got there we all shifted back into our human forms, I right away ran to Zane's side after the guys laid him down in bed. 

I cried for them to get the pack doctor and it didn't take long for him to get there. While the doctor was in our cabin trying to figure out how bad his condition was, I looked around and saw everyone looking at the cabin, waiting. 

The students, Kobey, Stella, including the men that helped us in the fight, they were all worried and couldn't take their eyes off the cabin as we could hear Zane screaming in pain. I could his pain along with the pain my heart was feeling from the fear of losing him. 

Aaron and the pack got away from us, including my father. They ran off into the woods after the wolves Zane had howled for to come and help us. I'm not sure who they are but I am grateful that they came when they did. 

However, when the doctor walked out, he told us that Zane had been poisoned with a venom called 'The Howler.' It's a type of venom that hasn't been used in centuries and was originally created by witches. It was banned after rogues started using it to help them become almost immortal while when they bit whoever they did, their canine's would then inject the venom coursing through their veins into their victim, causing them to suffer agonizing pain and sometimes, slowly suffer until they died. It was like Wolfs bane except you endured the pain much longer. For Alpha's, it's worse. It can slowly take away their powers and weaken them. 

I had asked how my father where he could have possibly gotten the venom from since it hasn't been made for centuries. To which he assured me that there were witches that still made it. 

That is one of the reasons why we are headed over towards Zane's father's castle in England right now on his private plane. 

While staring out the window, I begin thinking about how to find a cure for this. The doctor had told me it was close to impossible to find it, but I was willing to do whatever it took to figure it out. 

"How are you holding up?" Stella asks me as she sits down across from me.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I feel helpless."

"Don't say that. None of what happened was your fault." She says. 

"Yes, it was. At least some of it. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out what the Moon Goddess was thinking putting Zane and I together. I should have known that my father and brother would never leave me alone." I tell her as I fidget with my hands on my lap. 

"Hey, stop it. You are the BEST thing that has ever happened to my brother. In fact, I haven't seen him this happy in forever." She tries to comfort me and places her hand over mine. 

"I don't know what i'd do if I lost him." I tell her. 

"My brother is a fighter and he loves you so much. He always fights harder than he does with anyone else when it comes to people he loves. I know he'll make it through this." She tries to assure me with a smile. 

I force a small smile on my face but deep inside, I was terrified. And since I didn't want to think about what was happening right now, I took one look back at him as he's laying down, taking up several seats, still passed out from all the morphine the doctor gave him, I held back several tears and tried to fall asleep. 

Once we arrived in England, we all piled into two cars and drove towards the castle. I was in shock and amazement as I have only seen castles in books and movies. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would step foot in one. 

 The castle lay like an old man of the hill, the moonlight shone on his craggy, tumble down face. Moss clung in the shade of the ancient walls like a straggly beard. The once proud turrets had crumbled in places giving the impression of a disheveled party hat. The old castle stood on a rugged slope, moonlit snowdrifts piled against half-ruined walls, the windows dark and gaping. It's battlements glistened with ice in the crystal cold air, their ragged outlines blending into the rocks behind.

Right as we got out of the car, Kobey and the guys who had helped carry Zane before are carrying him inside of the castle with the two guards that are standing outside open the heavy doors to allow us access inside. 

As soon as we stepped inside, I looked around and felt as though I stepped back into the Renaissance era. With the towers, turrets, stone steps, massive oak doors, steeply twisting spiral staircases, ancient stone walls, circular rooms in towers, great hall for feasting, long oak table, rich tapestries of emerald green and gold hung on the walls, suits of armor standing guard, coat of arms, dank steps twisting down to dark dungeons, narrow passageways, windows like great slits in the thick walls and central open air courtyard surrounded my vision. 

While the men carried Zane upstairs, I wanted to follow them but was stopped as soon as I had heard a deep male's voice. 

"Hello, Luna Midnight." The voice says. 

I turned to look and see who the voice belonged to and it was like I was looking at a middle-aged version of Zane. 

"Hi dad." I heard Stella say. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :);)

So, I know I haven't given answers yet on Zane's fate, but stay with me. :) Also, next chapter will be in Zane's father's POV and we will learn new and very important things that could POSSIBLY help Zane. So we shall see. ;)