CHAPTER 24: I Have An Ability

ZANE

I bolted up in bed after being woken up from a bloodcurdling scream that sounded like it was coming from Midnight - Oh my god, Midnight. 

"Woah there son. Take it easy." I hear my father tell me in a calm and soothing voice while gently pushing me back against the headboard. 

I noticed my father was smiling a little bit as he had the look of relief on his face as well. 

"Where's Midnight? How the hell did I get here?" I asked worried. 

"Son, you were all attacked by her fathers pack. Then you were all flown here after several of my wolves came to get you all. You've been poisoned by venom that was weakening you and killing you." He starts to explain. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. 

"When her father bit you, he injected you with a venom that is deadly to our kind. It's worse than wolfs bane." 

"But, he was in his wolf form, so he couldn't have had a needle on him." I try and point out. 

"Well, you see, a very long time ago, he went to a witch who helped replace most of his blood with venom. The kind that'll make you slowly die, while losing your abilities and strengths. Not to mention worse pain than anything else." 

"I don't remember that." 

"I know. That's one of the side effects. You guys haven't been here too long and it looks as though you're better. She must have found the witch." My dad smiles. 

"WHAT?! What witch?!" I demanded. 

"Calm down son. She insisted on going and don't worry, Stella and Kobey are there with her and should be coming back very soon." He tries to assure me. 

"How could you let her go and see a witch?" I asked. 

"Because she's the only one that could possibly have the cure for you." 

"I can't believe this. I can't believe YOU let her go alone in the first place." 

"Zane, listen to me. I know I haven't always been the best father and for that I am truly sorry. But I do love you and I must say that your mate is beautiful on not just the outside, but on the inside as well." He comments. 

"I know she is. But now she has left and not just her but both my Beta and sister also could be in a lot of danger." 

"She left to save you, Zane. Would you rather we all stayed and watch you die? Is that a better choice for us? For your mate? The poor thing has already suffered enough in her lifetime just as you have and yet you both blame yourselves for the loss of your mothers. When the truth is, none of what happened was ever any of your guys' fault. And the sooner you guys realize that and move on, the sooner you both can live a happy life. Not to mention, You being a better Alpha King." He smirks at me. 

"What? I thought you said I wasn't ready?" I asked him. 

"Right. You weren't. Something you can not do in order to become a great King as well as an Alpha, is you mustn't let others get to you but most importantly, you can't let YOU tear you apart." 

We both share a moment of silence as I start thinking about how much he's right. It wasn't my fault that my mother was killed and it wasn't Midnight's fault neither that her mother was killed also. So what now?

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked him. 

Then before he could answer, I hear him look towards the window and then starts to grin real big before looking back at me. 

"I think you should get married and give me lots of grand kids." He tells me. 

I look at him puzzled and a little weirded out as I feel he's up to something or knows something that I don't. 

That's when I look at the window and then back at him and I give him a big smile before I begin sniffing the air and can smell my mate's scent. She's here?!

I quickly then got up off the bed and ran out the room and sprinted down the stairs towards the backyard to greet her, not caring I had no shirt on and had only my basketball shorts on. 

As soon as I ran out back, I looked and didn't see her. Then I started walking closer towards the entrance to the woods and I started noticing a few bushes were moving followed by some laughter from what sounded like my sister, Midnight and another female?

While continuing to walk, I stop when I see her come walking out the bushes, laughing still from whatever was said and then they all stop in their tracks as soon as they see me. 

Midnight looks at me as though I'm not real and that she has to be dreaming or something. But then, I just smile and I see her tearing up while beginning to smile big as she dropped her bag and ran up and into my arms while I caught her and wrapped both her legs and arms around me. 

We both then started to kiss and didn't stop until we both needed to pull back a little for some air. 

"Hi my love." I smiled at her. 

"I was so worried. I was afraid that you were gonna di...." I stopped her. 

"No. I could never leave you. Somehow, I've gotten better. I'm no longer poisoned." I assure her. 

She then has me set her down on her feet as she tried avoiding eye contact with me. 

"I can't believe it worked." She says under her breath. 

"You can't believe what worked?" I asked. 

She looks up at me and then quickly back at the witch who was avoiding eye contact with me and then looks back at me. 

"Fern back there, she discovered that I have a rare ability. That I've had it all along." She begins tearing up as though she's afraid to tell me. 

"What do you mean?" 

"She said that I'm a healer. That no matter where I'm at, I can take away pain and diseases from others. I even felt your pain." She looks at me feeling bad. 

"Aww baby. I'm so sorry." I tell her as I pull her closer into my arms against my chest and kiss the top of her head. "I'm so sorry you had to feel all of that."

"It's okay. Everything is fine now. You're fine." She begins to smile at me as I start wiping tears from her eyes. 

We both lean our foreheads against one another's as we stand there enjoying each other's embrace and then we hear my dad call out to us from behind me. 

"Everyone, come inside, now!" He commands in a fearful tone. 

I wonder what's wrong......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)