CHAPTER 23: The Cure

MIDNIGHT

Once I woke up and got dressed I turned and looked over at Zane as he continued sleeping. I felt bad that he had to be on so much morphine. Although it is better than feeling the excruciating pain he would feel. 

I silently cried myself to sleep last night while thinking about the information I just learned about my mom. Then the fact that my mate right now is dying and I feel helpless. 

I love him so much and will do whatever it takes to save him. Even if it costs my own life....it'll be worth it. 

So after placing a gentle kiss goodbye on his lips, I left before the sun came up and before anybody else woke up. 

I hope the King keeps his promise and not tell anyone where I'm going because I don't need for anyone to try and stop me. 

It took me a couple hours to get to the witch's place. Outside it looked like it was decaying as there were vines growing all around the walls, reaching around the corners as they make their way towards the beat up old wooden door. 

This was it. It was now or never. So I took in a deep breath and let it out right before I began walking closer towards the house. 

I at first hesitated a little bit when I got to the door, but quickly reminded myself in why I was here. That's when I knocked. 

It took only a brief moment before I heard somebody's voice answer from the other side of the door. 

"What do you want?" The young female voice asked. 

I thought this witch would sound older. Then again she is a witch. 

"Hi. I'm working for a witch. Her name is Agatha." I began. 

"She doesn't live here anymore. Please go away." I hear her reply. 

"Do you know where I could find her? It's very important." I start asking with some plead in my voice. 

I didn't hear her voice but soon after I said that, I heard the door creak open slowly and there stood a black haired, 5'6 tall young woman who looked to be in her mid twenties. 

"Who wants to know?" She asks. 

"A long time ago, she injected some type of a venom inside a werewolf that was called 'The Howler' and my mate has been infected. He's dying and I need the cure." I start to tear up while saying the last part. 

She looks at me with a look of sympathy and opens the door more as she invites me inside. As I walk inside, I take a look around and it is every bit as gloomy as you might expect and looks as though she doesn't possess a vacuum cleaner. There was mounds of soot, layers of dust, and ropes of cobwebs covering every surface of their house in a sticky veil. Shriveled brown flowers droop from dismal vases and all is dark and dank. Even her lamps and lanterns seem to give out darkness instead of light. Smoke from the strangling fire puffs into the room and swirls about the ceiling.

"Can I get you anything? Tea?" She offers. 

"Yes please, thank you." I smiled. 

She walks over towards the rusted silver tea kettle on the small round table she sat down at and began pouring some tea in cups. 

"Please, sit." She says. 

I know that I'm supposed to be on my guard. For all I know, she is Agatha that had put a spell upon herself to keep her looking young. 

I walk over and sit across from her. 

"Thank you." I tell her as she hands me the cup. 

"You're welcome." She replies. 

The Alpha's Academyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें