CHAPTER 21: I'll Do It, Alone!

MIDNIGHT

Once he was finished telling me about what really happened with my mom, I just sat there in silence for a moment while looking at the the wood-fire, blazing cheerily in the ample fireplace, as it sends its warmth and light far out into the room. 

I wasn't surprised or shocked really that my father did that. However, I guess deep down inside, I didn't want to believe it. I've always known my dad to be an asshole but after what I just did, he was worse. He was a monster. 

"Midnight?" I hear Zane's dad ask. 

I look at him and wipe the tears away with the back of my hand. 

"I'm sorry." I apologize. 

"Don't be. Your mother loved you very much." He assures me with a warm smile. 

I just nod my head in response as tears begin falling down the side of my face. 

"I can't believe it. I'm so stupid." I say to myself. 

"For what?" He asks confused. 

"I used to believe my dad and brother when they would tell me about mom and how she never wanted me. I guess I believed them only because what else was I suppose to think? I was too young to remember her." I tried holding in back tears-I hated crying in front of people. 

All of a sudden, We hear the door swing open and hit the wall hard as Kobey came running inside, trying to catch his breath. 

"King Alpha, Luna." He pants as we both sprint up off the couch. 

"What is it?" The King asks him. 

"It's Zane....." He says with concernment. 

All three of us then ran back upstairs towards Zane's bedroom where we saw Stella sobbing while hovering over her brother, gently brushing a few strands of stray hairs off his forehead. 

"What's the matter?" I asked. 

Stella looked up at me with puffy eyes and cried harder then immediately ran over to Kobey and buried her face into his chest as she mumbled, "I can't." 

"Is he?" I began to ask and saw his dad bending over Zane and checking his pulse and then squeezes his hand with his. 

"No." He replies as takes in a deep breath and let's it out before turning around to face me. "He's not dead. But he's fading fast. I don't think he has as much time as the doctor told us." 

My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach as a painful lump began forming in my throat as I swallowed hard. 

"How..." I stopped myself for a brief moment. "How much longer does he have?" I asked. 

"A couple of weeks, tops." His father said. 

I nod my head and lift my head up as I know what I must do. One of them involving when Zane gets better. Then we will go after my father and brother. For now though, I'm going to do what I have to to try and save my mate. 

"King Alpha?" I looked at him. 

"Yes?" He replied while sniffling as I noticed a couple of tears rolling down the side of his face. 

"I need to speak with you. It's important." I tell him. 

He nods his head and follows behind me out into the hallway. 

"Yes?" He asks me. 

I take in a deep breath and let it out right before I begin offering to do something that I'm sure he'll try and talk me out of doing but am going to ask anyways. 

"Where does the witch live?" I asked him. 

"What witch?" He asks confused. 

"The witch who turned my father's blood into the venom that is killing my mate." I remind him. 

"Oh, Midnight. No offense but it's far too dangerous to see her. Besides, I'm not even sure she's still alive." He tells me. 

"I don't care. I have to at least try and find her and hope she will will give me the antidote." I tell him. 

"I can't have you...." He begins to protest but I interrupt him. 

"Now hold on a minute, I appreciate your concern but he is my mate and I love him and will do whatever it takes to save him. So rather or not you help me, I will  find her. But keep in mind that if you tell me where she lives, that's more time we could save in helping him get better." I remind him. 

We look at one another for a moment as I wait for him to tell me and right as I start thinking that he won't tell me, I hear him sigh. 

"She lives ten miles from here. She's the only one that lives deep in the woods where nobody dares to go to because very few return. She doesn't like wolves and had only helped your dad out because of money." He tells me. 

"I don't care. I don't care how dangerous it is. I don't care if I get hurt or die. All I care about is helping save his life. He is worth every risk." I tell him with tears now blurring my vision. 

He continues to look at me while thinking still until he finally agrees. 

"Fine, but I would like for someone to go with you." He insists. 

"No. I need to do this alone." I tell him firmly. 

"You are so stubborn." He smirks. 

"I know." I smile back at him. 

"Just like Zane's mother. She was very brave and very strong. She feared very little." He smiles in admiration. 

"Then please tell me and I will leave in the morning right before the sun rises." 

Although he still is looking at me with concern, he nods his head in agreement. 

"Alright. I'll give you the coordinates tonight." He offers. 

"Thank you." I smiled. 

"Of course. But if you ever need anything, please mind-link me." He smiles. 

"I will. And please, don't tell anyone." 

He nods in agreement before we walk back into the room. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)