CHAPTER 29: The King Has Spoken

I looked at both Zane and Midnight's father. 

"Did you really think that I would let you get away with what you did?" Midnight's father states. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked. 

"You know, what really happened to my wife." He smirks. 

He knows what happened that day. It was all his fault, not mine. He's the one that had some evil witch cast a spell over me so he could control my mind.

"How DARE you!" I began. 

"How dare I?!" He yells back at me while standing up and getting closer towards me before continuing. "Why don't you take a step back and get rid of that 'your Highness' bullshit and explain to everyone what you did to MY wife. For once, own up to your mistakes!" 

"It wasn't me. It was you who had a witch cast a spell upon me so that you could take control of my mind. Which is exactly what you did that day when your wife came to me asking for my help to get both her and her kids far away from you. But you had to blow everything out of proportion and accused us of having an affair when the truth was she was terrified of you and your temper!" I snapped at him. 

"My god, even after being called out on your lies, you STILL choose to be in denial of the truth." Midnight's father scoffs. 

"Stop it, please." I start to beg him. 

"Now why would I do that when you owe me a life." He says. 

"No. You can't have him." I warn him through gritted teeth. 

"Tsk tsk tsk. You know the deal." He tries to remind me. 

"No. It'll never happen." I tell him. 

"You don't have a choice. You signed the contract that day." He says. 

"What the hell is he talking about?" I hear Zane ask as soon as Midnight's father looks at him. 

"Aww, he didn't tell you?" He asks Zane. 

"Please, I am begging you." I ask with plead. 

He smiles at me mischievously before looking back at Zane. 

"Your father, many years ago, signed a contract. The contract stated that if I kept one little secret from everyone, including the council, that he would give me his son as soon as he was ready. And you have been more than ready for quite some time now. Your father has just been stalling." 

"What the hell is he talking about?" Zane asks me while tries to get out from the guys' grasp. 

"Son, I thought I was doing the right thing at the time." I tell him. 

"Oh god, shut the hell up." We hear Midnight's father remark. "Let's just get this shit over with. Do you have the contract or not?" He asks me. 

I snap my head back at him, glaring. Then I take out the rolled up contract in my pocket and hand it to one of his guys as they hand it to him. 

He unrolls it and looks it over real quick before rolling it back up and having one of his guys put it into a locked drawer in his desk. 

"Now you have it. So let him go." I tell him. 

"I think you know me better than that." He smirks. 

I become too infuriated to say anything more to him. I'm tired of trying to negotiate. 

"Zane? Do you remember when I told you about what will happen that one specific day?" I asked him. 

"Yeah?" Zane replies. 

"Well, today's that day." I tell him. 

There was stillness on both sides for a brief moment. If hatred was visible the air would have been scarlet. Then suddenly movement, so much force in every blow. Zane broke free from the guys' grasp and rained blows onto them as if he meant to smash them into the very earth and  both the guys, along with now others that have joined, did the same. Each didn't just want the other dead, they wanted one another smashed, obliterated, nothing left to bury. Just as I wanted to do with Midnight's father. 

Everyone wanted what they wanted and force was the accepted method. It was better to be a dog in a big group than a loner and many took that route - servitude over death. We all shifted into our wolves and began to go at it. 

We were all clawing, snapping, growling and biting at one another until I realized that we needed more to help us out. That's when I mind-linked Zane and told him to go and get everyone from downstairs. 

At first he was arguing with me in not wanting to leave me here with all these guys, but I told him he needed to. We weren't going to win. So he finally was able to make his way through the guys and run to get help from the others. 

Right as I saw him leave, I felt Midnight's father jump onto my back and biting down on my right shoulder causing me to yelp out in pain before feeling myself growing weaker and weaker. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)