CHAPTER 28: I've Seen That Look Before

ZANE

I feel somebody nudging me to wake up. So I slowly begin waking up and as I start to sit up, I immediately start holding my head hoping the pain will subside soon. 

"Alpha." I hear Kobey whisper yell next to me. 

"What?!" I replied irritated. 

"You need to wake up." He demands. 

"Fuck my head hurts." I wince while holding my head. 

"We all did too when we woke up. Don't worry, it'll go away." He says. 

"Where the hell are we?" I asked as I begin to look around. 

"We're in some sort of dungeon or basement at Midnight's brother's house." 

The world was a blur, and random images seemed to float aimlessly around in the pool of my thoughts, as though they were being blown about viciously by a hurricane.

Once my vision became clear and the pain in my head was beginning to fade away, I noticed my surroundings. 

The surrounding walls were dark with little light and these steel bars that I know have wolfsbane on them so we can't touch them without feeling the intense burning, feeling as though our skin is being torn off. Not to mention the repulsive smell of decay and many other foul odors. 

Suddenly, my eyes widened, "Oh my god, Midnight!" I began to panic. 

"Calm down bro, they took her upstairs an hour ago." He begins. 

Then right before I could say anything else, the door from up the stairs opened and the next thing I see is Midnight being pushed down the stairs, tumbling white hitting every step with her body until she lands at the bottom. 

She looks beaten up and bleeding as she tries to catch her breath from the hard impact. I immediately get up and am instantly reminded about the effects the bars have as I feel the intense burning as it's tearing through layers of my skin. 

I jump back and look at my hands for just a brief moment to see the damage and then right back at Midnight as I try and get her attention by talking to her. 

She then looks over at me with her one eye shut and mouths to me, 'Shh'. 

The asshole who pushed her down the stairs stomps his way down to the bottom of the stairs and picks her up by her hair. 

"Fucking bitch!" He yells. 

I notice her wincing in pain and tries to pry his hands from her hair, but isn't able to. 

"Let her go!" My guys and I yell at him. 

The guy looks over at me and starts to chuckle. 

"What are you gonna do?" He grins. 

"Enough!" Aaron shouts while walking down the stairs. "Put her in her cell." He says before looking at me grinning. 

"But I thought..." The guy began. 

"Well I changed my mind!" Aaron snaps at the guy. 

The man opens up her cell and tosses her inside. 

I don't look away from Aaron's glare as he begins approaching my cell.

"I have waited a very long time for this. And now, you'll get to watch your father and sister die right in front of your eyes so that you can finally feel the pain I felt after your father refused to help my mother." He smirks. 

"It was YOUR father's fault that she was murdered. He sent those wolves to kill her. My father tried to offer his help but your father is the one who lost it and became filled with rage." I tell him. 

"You're a liar!" He yells. "My father told me you'd say that. You have no idea what suffering is." He tells me with a look of disgust. 

Before I could say anything else, I feel an intense shock of electricity run throughout my body causing me to drop to the ground leaving me defenseless. It was more than just a slight tingle that ran underneath my skin. No, it was as though someone had attached a live wire to each one of my nerves, and body convulsed as the violent electrical current pulsed through me again as one of his guys had tasered me again. 

I felt a couple of his guys come help me up and began dragging me on my feet while holding me up by my arms and heading up the stairs. 

Then after dragging me throughout most of the house, we head into a room where I see Midnight's father sitting behind his desk, scowling at me while several of his pack are standing around. 

"It's about time your ass woke up." He snaps at me. 

I feel in and out of it a little as he begins talking to me. In my head i'm seeing myself breaking free from these two dead men that are holding me up, however, my brain and body are not able to connect with each other at the moment. It isn't really the pain from being tasered by the long cattle prod. 

We hear the door open abruptly and we all turn to look and see who it is - my father. 

"What is the meaning of this?!" My dad commands from him. 

"You will watch how you speak to me. This is MY home, NOT yours." Midnight's father argues. 

"I am the King and YOU WILL respect me!" My father fires back at him. 

"Tsk tsk tsk." Midnight's dad begins. "When you're in MY house, you hold no authority here." 

"What the hell do you want?" My dad quickly asks trying to get right to the point. In which he hated beating around the bush. 

"Only what you rightfully deserve." He mischievously grins. 

As I began to-come-to, I felt a little out of it and when I saw the look on my dad's face as he was glaring at Midnight's dad, I had only seen him give that look to the ones who were about to be ripped to shreds. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

Sorry guys, I had a brain fart yesterday not to mention a very long day at work. But  I'm back on track now and ty for hanging in there with me. :):)

Hmmmm.....I wonder what's going to happen between Zane's father and Midnight's.