2. The Invitation

Next morning, the newspapers were splashed with photographs and news of the high-profile ceremony. There were some newspapers who allegedly sighted the closeness between Nishant and Anikaa. If only they knew!

Mehras had just finished their breakfast when Rachel turned in with their flight tickets at- Taj Falaknuma Palace. They checked out from the hotel and reached airport catching Zorabians at the entrance. With usual greetings everyone rushed in for boarding pass & security check. A few college students recognised Anikaa and asked for pictures which she gladly obliged. Cladded in blue Diesel jeans, white Chanel t-shirt and Gucci shades with little make-up, Anikaa looked stunning. Anikaa loved brands and was always the talk of town for her envied collection.

After brisk security proceedings, all of them settled in a private lounge.

"Where is Ria?" asked Rachel, sitting next to Anikaa in the private lounge.

"She called in the morning, she can't make it this time," said Anikaa wondering if Nishant was behind her withdrawal.

"Prashant looks so tired," said Rachel, sipping coffee.

"And, you are back to pumping caffeine in your body," mocked Anikaa.

Rachel and Ramnik had a queer habit of drinking coffee before boarding the plane. Anikaa looked at Rachel and then at Ramnik confirming their routine.

"Well, it just relaxes me," said Rachel squirming on her seat.

"Why didn't you invite Naina for the trip? I mean they are just engaged. Don't they deserve time to know each other better?" asked Rachel.

"Prashant didn't invite her," said Anikaa searching for her macbook in her bag.

"And, you didn't say anything to him," asked Rachel ingenuously. Anikaa took out her laptop and looked at Rachel.

"I mean..... I know you don't impose your opinion on anyone. I just...," stuttered Rachel under the glance of Anikaa.

"You know Rachel, it is important to give space. It is his life, let him do his mistakes and learn from it. I am always there to help him. Besides, I am not missing Naina at all, coz I know that she will never come alone. She would get Malvika or Nishant with her. And, I don't want them to spoil my time," said Anikaa in a firm voice opening her laptop and putting all her devices on airplane mode.

"Can I ask something?" asked Rachel. Anikaa nodded.

"Why do you don't like them? And if, you don't, why is Prashant engaged to her. He seems pretty lost himself sometimes. See, he is not missing her at all," said Rachel.

Both the girls looked at Prashant who was laughing with Gul and Shireen on something.

"Naina is a good girl. I like her. Malvika is not a problem as well...upper class rich socialite who is always vying for attention and diamonds- typical. But, her brother Nishant is my concern. It's in his eyes and I can't ignore it." Anikaa sighed and added- "He is a kind of a person who always likes servings on other's plate," said Anikaa in a low voice.

"Passengers travelling to Kochi are now requested to..." the announcement was made for boarding the flight. A flight of an hour and a half was long enough for Anikaa to have a quick nap. As soon as they settled, she dozed off. Her motion sickness was one of her weaknesses as well as strength. Weakness because she was not able to read or write in a moving vehicle and strength because she used to be fresh after taking a quick nap.