11. Jiyu Unlocked

As the clock struck 6, Anikaa rushed out of the villa on her scooty. She would have taken her car but she needed to breathe and didn't want any driver to accompany her. It was a misty morning and the roads were muddy because of last night's continuous rain. The air was still damp and the sun was concealed by dark grey clouds. Anikaa couldn't help admiring the lush greenery cleaned by water, small streams that were formed because of heavy rainfall and several snails that had come out on the green leaves. She reached the valley in half an hour. The valley was just the same, but greener and the flowers looked brighter and beautiful. She reached the flower bed and looked around. The small, shabby wooden cabin was locked from outside. She sauntered towards the flower bed, admiring lilies, roses, tulips and then she reached orchids. She reached out to pluck an orange orchid but was stopped from the familiar voice.

"I see you are still attracted to the orange orchid."

Anikaa turned around to see the mystery of her life- Jiyu. Jiyu was just the same, same snowy white robe, same bead necklace in his hand, same smiling eyes. Anikaa was transfixed as she looked him in his eyes; all her tiredness and anxiety was diminishing. His eyes.

"What brings you here again?" asked Jiyu in his calm and firm voice, snapping Anikaa out of her trance.

"I need answers," said Anikaa composing herself.

"We all do. But, what do you want to know?" asked Jiyu.

Anikaa wanted to ask so many things but she decided to start from the scratch. First things, first.

"Last time we met, I remember me introducing you to everyone. And, you also talked to them. Then, why did they forget everything?" questioned Anikaa assessing his expression.

"Because, they were not meant to meet me. Only, you were supposed to meet me," answered Jiyu calmly.

"So, did you hypnotize them or am I hypnotized so that I can see you?" smirked Anikaa.

"No, you are not hypnotized," answered Jiyu ignoring the first half of the question.

"Then, who are you? Why are you visible to me? Are you a ghost or something supernatural?" asked Anikaa vexed.

"Calm down, Anikaa. I am not a ghost. I am a protector, a normal human being with certain powers."

"Protector of what? What do you want from me?" asked Anikaa exasperated.

"I told you last time, an adventure is coming your way- live it," said Jiyu gently.

"What adventure? Adding me in the painting, sounds an adventure to you? Dude, its freaking me out. And, what is your connection with Richard Sturrock? Why did you meet him? Why did you ask him to give me his wife's painting?" asked Anikaa running her hand on her hair. She was so unhinged at that moment. Her mind was whirling in all directions.

"Calm down," said Jiyu.

"I am not able to. All of this is too much confusing and bizarre," blurted Anikaa.

"Maybe you need a cup of tea first," said Jiyu and produced a simmering cup of tea from thin air.

"Just like you always have- cardamom tea with two teaspoons of sugar," said Jiyu presenting the cup of tea to Anikaa. Anikaa took the much needed tea which was absolutely aromatic and soothing.

"Great, now you know my likes as well," she said, agitatedly.

"Now, please sit down. I will give you all the answers, but it is a long story," drawled Jiyu.