19. Meeting Sameera aka Samaira

Next morning, Anikaa woke up at 6am on her own. She climbed out of her bed and looked outside the window, as the first rays of sun shone bright. She walked to the door connecting to the garden and pool and hesitatingly looked around to find Jiyu.

"I'm here Anikaa," said a deep, calm voice from the roof.

Anikaa got out of the room and looked up at the roof where Jiyu was sitting in a lotus- posture levitating high above the rooftop.

"What are you doing there?" asked Anikaa squinting at Jiyu.

"Existing."

"What if someone sees you like this?" said Anikaa ignoring his bon mot.

"You don't remember my words. I told you nobody can see me until I want them."

"Did you see anything at night?"

"Yes, the stars. It was a very clear night yesterday and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Thank you," said Jiyu smiling.

"And, I think you should get ready now, Raymond is thinking to call you for breakfast at 8," he added.

"I hope you don't hear everything," said Anikaa.

"About last night? Nah! Except he wanted to...uhmm...end the night in a different way," said Jiyu.

"As if I don't know," said Anikaa waving her hand.

As Jiyu said, Raymond called Anikaa to meet her for breakfast at 8. It was still 6.30am and she had a long time until breakfast. She went outside in the garden, unfurled a mat on the grass and sat on it for meditation. She closed her eyes to concentrate on the sounds coming from different directions and heard a distinct scream of peacock, a motor running at a distance, her phone buzzing with notifications and then a faint sound. She concentrated on the sound trying to hear it clearly and then the voice deepened, cold and forbidding-

YOU MUST RETURN WHAT IS NOT YOURS ANIKAAA

Anikaa opened her eyes at once, her face glistening with sweat. She looked around for Jiyu, but he was not there. She scrambled to her feet and went inside, shutting the door. What does she have of theirs? Deep in her thoughts, she went to the bathroom, discarded all her clothes on the floor and went straight underneath the high-pressure shower.

The water felt like spades on Anikaa's silky skin, relieving her nerves and muscles. She stood in the shower for minutes thinking about the Gnomons, letter and the voice. When she stepped out, she made a firm resolute that she will not run scared anymore. It's better to duck than to run.

With a firm determination and newly found strength Anikaa strode through the grand halls of The Oberoi Rajvilas and made her way to the exclusive herb garden where Raymond was supposed to meet her for breakfast. It was 7.30am and a chef was waiting for them for conducting a guided tour, through the herb garden. Anikaa decided to make use of the time assuming that Raymond might not be interested in plants and herbs. She took the tour with the chef, impressed with his succinct knowledge about the various uses of herbs and plants and their medicinal value.

At 8am, Raymond walked in at their table looking around for Anikaa. He didn't have to wait for long as the chef escorted Anikaa to the table. Raymond had promised himself that he will not pay any attention to Anikaa. Thanks, to her snubbing him last night. But, he couldn't take his eyes off her when she walked in a brick-red Maje Ranita satin maxi that drew attention of every male in the premises.

"Damn," groaned Raymond.

"Morning," said Anikaa cheerfully.

"Good morning," he said smiling a bit and offering her the seat.